1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my wife is wanting to get rid of her 9mm Valkyrie and I’m not sure what a good trade value would be. It’s a little confusing to find data because this one doesn’t have the officer sized frame. She’s had it for about 2 months.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
If you're trading, I would match on original price and current condition.

If you're selling, then compare to other CCO's and adjust for differences in quality and market demand.

Sorry that I can't be more precise.

·
Registered
792 Posts
$1050-$1200 cash price

Trade value $1400-$1500

955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you're trading, I would match on original price and current condition.

If you're selling, then compare to other CCO's and adjust for differences in quality and market demand.

Sorry that I can't be more precise.
Part of the problem is, we bought it second hand for $1400 so I’m not even sure what they were new, same as the CCO?

955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awfully generous. These were new for $1200 for months and months. I don’t quite get the trade value idea. The gun in great condition is probably worth $1000 cash.
Well we drastically overpaid

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
According to the Dan Wesson website, the MSRP on the commander version was $2012. It probably sold new for about 20% below MSRP.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Awfully generous. These were new for $1200 for months and months. I don’t quite get the trade value idea. The gun in great condition is probably worth $1000 cash.
Never saw them for what you're quoting, but even in this market, $1000 cash is a lowball offer IMO for that gun as new.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Depends if it's a blem with the upside down "Y" in serial number

Reactions: B81 and Guy Montag

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
If it were me, I would set my asking price to what you paid for it used (assuming it's still in good condition) and see what happens. Worst case scenario you lose some time and end up lowering your price.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,245 Posts
[QUOTE="Guy Montag, post: 943613, member: 9677"

Trade value $1400-$1500[/QUOTE]

Nobody ever would use those numbers as trade

·
Registered
605 Posts
Part of the problem is, we bought it second hand for $1400 so I’m not even sure what they were new, same as the CCO?
To be honest, they were discontinued by Dan Wesson and many dealers/distributors were clearing them out around $1200-1300 new/non-blem models. You can probably still find them for that price now. Just giving you a heads up so you don’t get disappointed with offers to buy/trade for it

·
Registered
792 Posts
[QUOTE="Guy Montag, post: 943613, member: 9677"

Trade value $1400-$1500
Nobody ever would use those numbers as trade[/QUOTE]

By definition you're wrong, I just did.

If you believe $1000 is fair offer on an as new pistol that retailed for $2k, or a $1400 trade value, lets agree to disagree.

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,131 Posts
Right now Buds has the 9mm CCO for 1484. No where are new Commanders available that I have seen. The Commanders, even though they were blown out by one dealer on GB shortly after they were discontinued, right now demand a price above $1200 in a good used condition. IMHO I would not let it go for $1000.
In fact If I couldn't get $1350 for a used Valkyrie Commander I would hang on to it. I personally know on one that sold for $1400 this week.
Even used Guardians sell for over $1150 used and they have less features than a Valkyrie.
OP... Do what you want, but try to order a gun with the features on the Valkyrie and see what it will cost you. If you put that 9mm Commander on the board for $1000 you'll sell it for sure. There will be a line waiting for it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts