1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
As long as you remember to hang the O-Ring on the door nail, I bet you won’t have any problems. :D

Have fun! We’ll be waiting for Dirty pics of the Valkyrie.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I’m sharing my poor marksmanship today with Dan Wesson. 7-10 yards I did ok, but my trigger control starts to fall off the map @15/20 yards. It fired 501-1,000 like a champ and I’m happy about that. I did try the cool kid unsupported test at the end and it failed miserably. Nothing extracting correctly without a mag. Don’t know if that’s possible with a 9mm or not? Will need someone’s experience on here for that. Any advice not only on 9mm extractor removal, but tuning is welcome.

Did get dialed in shooting a 5” repair center at 100yds with my 6720. The magical wandering zero fairy paid a visit to the the Aimpoint. Low and it’s been a while since I had her out. Last 5 in the 10 once I stopped a bad trigger break and adjusted elevation.

9244DEDF-1530-4575-AB4F-B05B0B8E1445.jpeg
DFC5286C-986E-487B-A8C1-389777F3DA48.jpeg
AFD2C1A2-E61B-41ED-8AA1-CD46791214A8.jpeg

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,484 Posts
I figured the flat nose would give me something close to feeding profile for the hollow points I carry?
I don’t know. Could be.

I’ve had trouble with the flat points before. My guns that will run them will pretty much run anything.

Btw, I’d be happy with that shooting. My eyes fall off beyond 15 yards. After that I’m happy with center mass. .

Interesting question on the extractor removal. I tried to get mine out of my PM 9. Keith at DW told me I’d need to push it out from the breech face. Mine was in so tight , I damaged the extractor hook . I was never able to get it out. They replaced it for free.

I have not tried on the new one. If there’s a secret, I’m in for the ride on this thread.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Glad your pistol worked well. The only bullets that will run like your hollow points, are your hollow points. I shoot 9mm 124 grain HSTs and to test reliability in my PPQ I shot 200 rounds of them through my gun. There really is no substitute and worth the money if it’s to protect you and your loved ones.
Jeff

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad your pistol worked well. The only bullets that will run like your hollow points, are your hollow points. I shoot 9mm 124 grain HSTs and to test reliability in my PPQ I shot 200 rounds of them through my gun. There really is no substitute and worth the money if it’s to protect you and your loved ones.
Jeff
Agreed. I tried to mimick as best as I could for now. Flat nose was the best cheap option to run so many. I’ve ran HST through it but only 50 and would like to get a case when funds allow. Then I’d like to send 500 of my carry loads down range for sure. You are right on point.
Slainte!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts