1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about installing one of Stan Chen's SI magwells on my Dan Wesson Valor with DT finish. Was wondering how the blued version of this magwell matched the DT finish - pictures welcomed!

Thanks

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,546 Posts
I am thinking about installing one of Stan Chen's SI magwells on my Dan Wesson Valor with DT finish. Was wondering how the blued version of this magwell matched the DT finish - pictures welcomed!

Thanks
It’s black an I think it would look great.
You should order one.
If you don’t like it you can always sell it.
I only have two guns with them and neither of them are DT.
This classsic is in DLC

Brown Yellow Gun Firearm Ammunition

Metal Silver Outdoor shoe Bronze Walking shoe

This is a CCH Matt Blue Valor and it matches perfectly with the black parts.
Brown Gun Firearm Trigger Amber
Brown Textile Tan Leather Metal
Musical instrument accessory Guitar accessory Metal Material property String instrument accessory

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
258 Posts
Installed one on a Valor with DT yesterday evening and the finish is almost a dead match in most lighting. My Valor Limited came with a factory DT finished magwell, but using the SI will keep it from getting roughed up. I'm completely thrilled with the fit and appearance of the SI. Just be aware that it will likely require a little bit of fitting. I had to remove .003" from the rails.

I'll get a few photos taken from different angles posted for you tomorrow.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Installed one on a Valor with DT yesterday evening and the finish is almost a dead match in most lighting. My Valor Limited came with a factory DT finished magwell, but using the SI will keep it from getting roughed up. I'm completely thrilled with the fit and appearance of the SI. Just be aware that it will likely require a little bit of fitting. I had to remove .003" from the rails.

I'll get a few photos taken from different angles posted for you tomorrow.
Thanks!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Here are a few shots of the blued SI on a pistol with DT finish. The magwell matches quite well, but does appear a little lighter at times since it reflects more light than the DT. As far as I can tell, it seems to almost be an exact match to the finish on the grip safety.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.