close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Valor

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Kokopelli, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    I happened to be on the west side today, so I stopped at the local tacticool range. They had the strangest "new" Valor for $1639. The magazine was unfired and from what I could tell without taking it apart the pistol was unfired.. However The finish looked old and oxidized and the muzzle had all the signs of being carried in for a year. Even the bottom edges of the slide were polished and the first 2 1/2" inches of the slide were scuffed pretty good. The first thing the cocky counter jock starts talking about is how easy they can refinish them. These people amaze me.. Ron

2. deadguy

deadguy Jim Nabors Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    makes me value the knowledgeable and good LGS employees I have here

3. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    This guy is a real pretty boy.. 45 going on 16 and knows it all.. What gives them all away is they can't read people worth a flip. The pistol is obviously somebody's (possibly his) that's been around for a while. Like the auto "demonstrator" and never titled.. This guy has been there ever since I've know about this place. Just about every time I stop by there's a new smart mouth know it all 20 year old hawking AR's and Glocks. They're "coating" business is pretty big in my area, possibly their "gunsmithing" too.. Ron

4. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Hey now! Whats wrong with 20 yr old's selling AR's and Glock's? LOL

I'd like to think that i am polite to almost every customer i deal with. Sometimes i do get a little bit of an attitude though when someone who is older looks down on me and doesnt think i know what im talking about because im 25 and not 50! I think the only thing i do sometimes is get ahead of myself and go into too much detail when i should realize most people are going to buy a gun and it will just sit in their safe or closet.

5. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    You probably are polite.. It's the "smart mouth" part that I was meaning to point out. Detail never hurts and anyone that knows what's going on will appreciate your intense attention to the item at hand. It's the same when the 20 year old's treat us like we're too old to know anything about it.. Goes both ways I guess.. Ron

EDIT.. I apologize for stereotyping.. That was wrong of me..

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  6. bac1023

bac1023 1911 Collector Moderator

Aug 15, 2011
    That price is outrageous for the condition you describe.

7. Cigarhead

Cigarhead Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Ok, I'll step up and hold that line. I'm tired of people who think Glocks are Gods answer to Self Defense and blow hards who hate on your weaponry just because they don't carry the brand or know the first thing about them. Unfortunately they are out there. Not that every shop has one but everyone I've ever been too had at least one. But I refuse to have a battle of whits with an unarmed man.

Kind of like our local Gun Smith. He can't even provide a grip screw and acted like changing grips was major surgery. All i needed was a set of screws, he pulled out a work order and started talking about ordering them in. LMAO. After the last bs he fed me I would hate to see his turn around on installing grip screws!

8. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    I just hate that place.. One guy there is nice and the rest are west yuppy town snits..

I was astonished at the condition of that VBOB.. $1500 will buy a nice one from Damascus gun shop or other on-line site. On occasion I have paid as much locally (plus 10% sales tax) as the Internet prices, but I like the people that were selling them. These jokers won't be getting any of my money.. Ron

9. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Ron,
    I was just playing around with ya! I dont take much to heart, ever!

And i completely know about the kind of people you are talking about.

10. EdS

EdS Member

Sep 21, 2011
    You're kidding right? I hope you are kidding....

11. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    No worries.. The thread evolved into something other than intended. Cheers.. Ron

One of my buddies on the other forum (Johnny Handgun) posted the following in a thread about ranges/LGS.. He was making fun of my loser (Miami) shirts, SA cap, 5.11 shorts and combat boots (tacticool).. hahahahah

Johnny Handgun...

Just remember, if your range doesn't have one that you remember, then it's probably you!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted