1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, could I get a good ballpark value on this Series 70 MkIV .45 Govt please? I believe it’s a 1979 model with about 200 rds fired. Had a trigger job done by local gunsmith, still has collett bushing but obviously not original trigger. Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Yep same ball park 6 -800 lot of shops aren't turning over 45's right now in this area.

·
It is a dry heat, right...
3,750 Posts
Pistol only, $650-$750 in my domain. Box & docs would add another $50. Put a correct trigger in it would help a bunch, just does not look right with the aftermarket finger switch...

·
Registered
641 Posts
It’s a shame because the earlier colts
had some fantastic bluing and fitment. trigger swap, it doesn’t matter. Set it up the way you like to shoot it. Unfortunately it’s going to take a Demoncrat in the White House to bring these prices back up. If you don’t need to sell it...don’t. BTW that’s a fine looking gat! In the day that was 1k+ easy!
Just my 1/2 cent
Cousin Vinny

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
I would say a bit higher than the prices quoted above. Maybe $850 to $950 in my area. Pretty strong demand for these still. I have a little later one that I will probably be trying to move along to a new home soon. A 1982 I believe.

Reactions: retrieverman

·
Premium Member
8,253 Posts
I just bought one in very similar condition. $750, but every area is a little different.

·
Custom Pistolsmith
713 Posts
Value is really based on demand and location. If it’s in CA it’s worth more than let’s say Ohio. As for the gun, these were made during a very low quality era for Colt. The greatest generation was retiring and new workers were more interested in the union wages than the quality of their work. Just look inside some of these guns, lots of rough tool marks. Sometimes the roll marks are light on one side or section. With the new production of Colts the finish might be lacking but the fit and machine work is light years better. If this is someone’s birth year then they would also find it desirable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts