1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would $3k be out of the range of a never fired P7M8?

Reactions: Jollyroger1

·
Premium Member
28,012 Posts
Assuming you have the case, box, paperwork, scraper and brush?
With everything at hand, yes that value is reasonable for an unfired M8

P.S.

Forgot to ask.....selling or buying?

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

P.S.

Buying.

·
Registered
148 Posts
These things are like Gold....or even better :)
You can't shoot gold...well I guess you could if you molded it into a projectile....

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

P.S.

That's about what I figured. Only problem I can see is if HK decided to bring it back one day. Doubtful, but always possible. Unlike Colt with their wheel guns, HK still has their smiths around.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Probably right in the ballpark. Or within a hundred or two.

With some effort and a little luck, you could come across a safe queen for under $2500, or a shooter for maybe just under $2k

I couldn't buy or own an M8 without shooting it! Lol

·
Premium Member
28,012 Posts
Its a buyers market right now,........you might try to get it a bit lower. I'd offer $2800

·
NRA Life Member
666 Posts
As you've probably noticed, a number of LNIB P7M8s have gone for around $3k on gunbroker recently (strong demand in bidding).

There was one in very good condition listed on this forum a week or so ago for $2,250 (sold pretty quickly).

I was able to get a pretty good deal on a nice one-owner P7M8 this week (was waiting to find a nice example at a decent price).

·
Premium Member
1,231 Posts
I bought never-fired one last fall that came with all the factory stuff, 5 or 7 mags, and a holster for about $1700 on gunbroker. Deals can be had, just takes patience and hitting the refresh button at just the right time before going to bed. lol

I'd say 3000 is high, though. Maybe the going price for them has gone up the past few months as I stopped paying attention...

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone. Maybe since it's just after Christmas, everyone still has Hans Gruber on their mind driving up the price of the P7's.

Reactions: Scotch&1911's

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have a like new 30 rounds fired with box 3 mags all paper work and test target that is a Chantilly fat trigger variant I would sell for 2500

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you are not opposed to the European mag release, a P7 PSP can usually be had for less money than a P7M8 and they are more readily available....well, used to be anyway. I remember back in 2008 - 2009 time frame when you could walk into many gun stores and they would have 3 or 4 PSP imports sitting in the case for $600.00 to $700.00 depending on the condition. Now, you will wait a long time to find a nice one for under a $1000.00

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
my lgs friend has a couple lightly used ones. I believe(not 100% sure though) they will go for about $2500 and up depending on condition

so you are in the right ballpark

glws

Reactions: Joerenew

·
Registered
780 Posts
I am on the hunt for another one. And I think I know the sale ad being referenced here. To me its not worth $3000. Especially since its one of the "last 500". Nice pistols. But the build quality compared to some of the Chantilly and Sterling models is lacking. Finish on these ones was a little substandardas well. Offer $2500. It is allegedly NIB so that is cool. I am holding out for another Sterling model. I just like them the best.

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am on the hunt for another one. And I think I know the sale ad being referenced here. To me its not worth $3000. Especially since its one of the "last 500". Nice pistols. But the build quality compared to some of the Chantilly and Sterling models is lacking. Finish on these ones was a little substandardas well. Offer $2500. It is allegedly NIB so that is cool. I am holding out for another Sterling model. I just like them the best.
Odds are it's the same one on MGO. Never heard back from him when I reached out. The Chantilly reference is actually the reason I asked about this specific model.
At this point if I get one, I'll deal with one of the forum members who reached out to me. Much closer to the price I'd be willing to pay.
Funny, I've got/had somewhere in the range of 13 or 14 HKs over the years to include a Mk23. Just never a P series. Have to do it at some point considering how quickly the prices are going up.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Odds are it's the same one on MGO. Never heard back from him when I reached out. The Chantilly reference is actually the reason I asked about this specific model.
At this point if I get one, I'll deal with one of the forum members who reached out to me. Much closer to the price I'd be willing to pay.
Funny, I've got/had somewhere in the range of 13 or 14 HKs over the years to include a Mk23. Just never a P series. Have to do it at some point considering how quickly the prices are going up.
Yeah thats the listing. If you like quality guns you need a P7 series. As well and meticulously built as they are. They harken back to a day when HK was really at the top of their game. And they really are money in the bank.

·
Premium Member
28,012 Posts
The P7 series HKs are phenomenal shooters, VERY accurate as well.

·
Registered
148 Posts
pscipio03,

The P series is a slippery slope. People either love them or hate them....most love them.
If you need any work done or need any parts or information, I can personally recommend this guy. (http://www.teufelshundtactical.com). He is located in NC and a fellow Jarhead...but he is still on active duty.....:) If it's HK, James is the guy..

Reactions: Hvrnaut and Stentor
1 - 20 of 21 Posts