1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My LGS has a used Colt Gold Cup 05070X that looks to be in 80-90% condition. Unknow round count, no accessories.

The asking price is $1000.
The last time Bud’s had them, they were $993 new (cash price).

I haven’t owned and Colts in almost 15 years and have some cash burning a hole in my pocket.

What would be a fair offer?

52E44979-F2DD-4938-BD2D-AA8C90817C95.jpeg

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,046 Posts
They think a used gun at 80-90% is worth $7 more than what you could have bought one new for? More power to them I guess, to me "maybe" $750 is all I would give. For $1,000 you could get a nice pre-loved Dan Wesson and have a great gun with great customer service behind it. But I'n not a Colt fan so maybe I'm biased :roll:

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
That price seems high. I have one I bought from a friend in early 2016. Calling Colt it was made in 2015. After field stripping it and putting a couple hundred rounds through it we agreed on $850 and it had the box and papers of course. I did replace the rubber wrap around grips with some wood stocks from Altamont by the way. It is under a Gold Cup Lite I bought new in 2018 for a little over $1K.

Remember this model still had the Series 80 mechanical firing pin safety in it. None of the current Gold Cups have that. I would go to the Colt website and look at the current Gold Cups and then see what one could buy a new one for. Right now you have a choice of the GCNM, the GCT, and the GCT Lite.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They think a used gun at 80-90% is worth $7 more than what you could have bought one new for? More power to them I guess, to me "maybe" $750 is all I would give. For $1,000 you could get a nice pre-loved Dan Wesson and have a great gun with great customer service behind it. But I'n not a Colt fan so maybe I'm biased :roll:

You are in line with my thoughts. I was thinking 700-750 max. Also, I considered looking for a used Les Baer, Dan Wesson, etc. in the $1000 range.

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
4,980 Posts
To many $$$$$. Two years ago they were $1050 up this way.

·
Get off my lawn...
14,814 Posts
Although it’s a soft market, guns are flying off the shelves. Personally, I’d put the “Would you take” on the seller. :cool2:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went to make an offer.
It feels like garbage compared to my other guns so I passed.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Point the way to the $1000.00 used LB’s I’d be more than happy to buy 2 or 3 of them.
Will do. People will always overcharge and price gouge. I’ll be on the lookout for the deals.
I’m not paying $1500 for a pistol that cost someone $1250 10 years ago.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Although it’s a soft market, guns are flying off the shelves. Personally, I’d put the “Would you take” on the seller. :cool2:
In my area nothing is moving unless it’s a plastic striker fired 9mm. If it isn’t one of the 627 Glock 19 variants currently available, no one wants it. :)

·
Colt 1911 Government
513 Posts
Just saying. The 05070X is a Gold Cup Trophy. The serial # is GCTxxxxx.
I have one that I carry every day in my car. It's the best one in my collection:

The Gold Cup National Match is different. It is Model 05870NM. Here:

I paid $1107 for the GCT on 5-2011.
I paid $1100 for the GCNM on 5-2013.

I'd never sell either one.

·
Colt 1911 Government
513 Posts
I forgot to mention the Gold Cup comes with two different springs and two different magazines.

One mag and spring is for the lower ammo count, and the other one (green) is for the higher ammo count. I use the green one.

Any purchase should include the box, two springs, and two magazines.

Most good guys in novels own it. Most criminals own something else. :grin:

·
Premium Member
3,377 Posts
I forgot to mention the Gold Cup comes with two different springs and two different magazines.

One mag and spring is for the lower ammo count, and the other one (green) is for the higher ammo count. I use the green one.

Any purchase should include the box, two springs, and two magazines.

Most good guys in novels own it. Most criminals own something else. :grin:
So, $750?

·
Premium Member
3,377 Posts
What ever pal. You are the one who said you had a hard time selling a Gold Cup for $750. I am just saying that I will take one for that price.
Smart ass? Whatever.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts