1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Would anyone like to give an opinion on a pistol I am thinking of selling? I found this realized auction and wanted to ask if this would be a realistic value for a similar pistol? I have a Colt factory on the way to prove authenticity, but there should be nothing fishy about this one. It was sent to Russia in 1918 I think based on the stamp. The bluing is original, barrel and two-tone magazine (both original) are super nice with oly some minor wear.

Link to auction result: http://www.icollector.com/Rare-Docu...atic-Pistol-with-Colt-Factory-Lette_i19368599

In my opinion mine is somewhat better condition though.

Would this be a realistic price or was this a fluke or why did it reach so high (other than being rare is the US)? Also FYI the pistol is not in the US but seems it would be smarter to sell to the US due to scarcity there... NOTE: this is not a for sale ad!!

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the reason I ask is that mine is also a Russian contract pistol, and the paperwork should prove this (once I get it). The pistol has the "of english order" on it, just like in the auction and is of clearly better condition. The pistol was found by an old lady whose husband passed, was sold and purchased (by me) from near the Russian border. A number of these ended up in Finland and there are some really nice specimens turning up here now and then. I've owned a few but would be curious as to selling this in the US if the price level is similar to the auction. If not then the hassle would not be worth it (shipping, permits etc). Also the import mark that would be required would detract from the value and to be honest would be terrible to add to a pistol in such a good shape. Would there be any way to avoid the import mark while still importing to the US?

Note: these are mostly questions on a general level, I'm looking into selling a larger batch of firearms and am scoping the possibilities.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.