1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone run either or both? I have JM for OWB and i like their product...

looking for kydex IWB for my DW CCO and G19..the Vedder looks good due to multiple cant and height adjustments...not sure how stable it would be with only a single clip...And adjustment will let me try 15-25deg of cant...

JM IWB 3 is nice and looks to be a kydex version of a Sparks SS2...but not adjustable...

JM IWB 2 is nice, and adjustable cant (5/10/20 deg)....bit thinking the front loop would make my pants protrude more than i want....

ugh...any input would be great...

for background...for my G19 i run a Crossbreed, but it’s too wide and digs into my hip/thigh joint when sitting..i also have a Bravo Torsion that os good, but cant adjustment is limited and sits weird when canted..for my CCO i run a TT gunleather Slim XC that is SUPER comfortable but a 25deg cant and think a 20deg may work better...

·
Registered
8,486 Posts
I run a couple Vedder lite tucks. Almost exclusively for the last 8ish months. Mostly with a DW See Bob. Occasionally with a p938 for the last 10 months since I got my permit. Very pleased. Been running classes with it and the commander. Clip isn't a worry but I have tightened up the retention screw once on each. Not sure what that means as the 1911 holster has seen way more hip time and use. Lots of draws and dry fire. I find em comfortable even when sitting/driving as much as any other kydex holster or better. I always wear an undershirt though. They're no MS SS, have a Kraemer no. 2 due in a month or so for the commander. Will compare with the SS (gov size) and then order another holster or two. The Warbird stuff is very comfortable but all of mine are exotics, and prefer a more low profile holster for daily use. Who am I kidding? I'm going to order more from Paul too. All of that being said, my lite tucks will still get the nod usually because even though I prefer leather holsters, I have to tuck my shirt in for work, I work 330ish days a year, haven't found a good leather alternative. Not taking anything away from the Vedder's.

·
Registered
8,486 Posts
Not when my belt is tight enough to keep the gun/my pants from sagging. I am using the "claw" on the holsters though. It bites into my pants pretty well and is like a second attachment point. The single clip, with the "claw" has been plenty stable with a loaded, all steel, .45 commander as long as the clip mounting screws are tight.

·
Premium Member
4,388 Posts
I have the vedder lightuck for my G19 and like it. The optional claw helps pull it in closer and tighter to you so it sounds like that may help mitigate what you are concerned about. It does make putting it on and taking it off a little slower than a typical one clip kydex.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.