1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have a Sig Mosquito variant that snapped a firing pin in two after a few thousand rounds. I replaced it, but decided I needed a better suppressor host for the future.

I looked around and decided the Black Mamba looked cool as hell - and seeing one here on the Classifieds didn't help matters any.

Long story short, using standard CCI velocity and "tactical" CCI Minimags, its a better shooter than me by a mile. I shoot a 6" plate at 40 yards for this pistol and its pretty easy to do with older eyes, iron sights and CCI ammunition. The trigger is a silly 1.5lbs and smooth as glass.

I'm posting not because the Volquartsen needs any help, but because the coated bolt they use is Fantastic in conjunction with the Mark IV take down button!

Photos are after 300ish suppressed rounds, a squirt of Break Free and a wipe down.

This will be the easiest .22 to maintain ever: push button, spray, wipe, done. I highly recommend you get one. :D

Finger Metal Ammunition Nail Bullet
Finger Material property Metal Nail Silver
Metal Office equipment Composite material Material property Silver
Ammunition Gun Bullet Metal Gun accessory

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, stop the tease . Show a picture of the entire gun !
Sorry, the Forum software always shits itself when I try to upload images from my phone. So I had to email them to myself and do it from a computer. They should be up now!

Mount a red dot and you'll be ringin' that steel at 100 yards no problem....
Yeah, I will eventually. Right now I have an infrared laser and want to use it for NVG practice / pest control, aside from good old fashioned target shooting. I am really impressed with the quality of the upper and bolt coatings.

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,500 Posts
I have one in camo, mounted a Holosun. Gun is amazing.

Wow!

I have a Scorpion that I love . The best .22 I've ever shot by far. And as the OP said , it's a lot more accurate than I am.

Wow again!

Random that is beautiful . I have never seen the internals of one before. That kind of detail is well worth the price imo .

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
the black mamba was my favorite purchase of 2020. it is shocking how accurate it is. even this lame shooter was hitting pieces of clays @ 25 yards with ease. I am a huge volquartsen fan becaus e of the quality of their rifles and pistols and their CS. Scott Volquartsen helped me when Ruger would not. great guns, great company.

enjoy the ride!! glad you love yours too

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,500 Posts
the black mamba was my favorite purchase of 2020. it is shocking how accurate it is. even this lame shooter was hitting pieces of clays @ 25 yards with ease. I am a huge volquartsen fan becaus e of the quality of their rifles and pistols and their CS. Scott Volquartsen helped me when Ruger would not. great guns, great company.

enjoy the ride!! glad you love yours too
Ditto on Scott Volquartsen. He has helped me as well .

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Agree with you completely! I bought the long barrel Black Mamba last year, couldn't be more pleased. Of all the stuff I own, my grown kids always want to shoot this when they come to visit. Great fun, great function!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will also add that my Kidd (Coolguyguns) rifle in .22 is equally as awesome in it's own way, and at least in rifle form, the Kidd options are generally significantly cheaper.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I will also add that my Kidd (Coolguyguns) rifle in .22 is equally as awesome in it's own way, and at least in rifle form, the Kidd options are generally significantly cheaper.
I'll second that, My Kidd Supergrade is amazing every time I fire it. The barrel swapping options make it exceptionally versatile. It's quick and accurate with a 16.5" lightweight barrel and with the 20" heavy barrel it shoots crazy groups at 200 yards off a QR tripod; the switch takes maybe two minutes with no loss of zero.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts