Volusia Top Gun Indoor Range/Gun Shop/Restaurant

Discussion in 'Range Reports & Reviews' started by pcso13, Feb 13, 2019.

1. pcso13

pcso13 Happiness is a range in your backyard

Nov 25, 2018
    Went to Volusia Top Gun (Daytona Beach, Florida) yesterday with the wife to shoot at the indoor range. They have 15 lanes going out to 25 yards and the electric target holder thingies have preset distances programed in so can just hit the button for the distance you want and it goes out to that distance without having to manually run it out.

They also are a pretty well stocked gun store with a good selection of guns and supplies. The people there are nice and very helpful. You'd think that would be the case everywhere but sadly I've not found that to be true. It's nice to see places like this are still around.

They also have a Restaurant called the Double Barrel Bar and Grill. The wife and I ate there and the food was pretty good. You can also watch the shooting bays from the restaurant while you eat.

I give them a :thumbs:

57170198090__E77CDBD3-E264-4017-B690-CF1941AB875E.jpg

2. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015

3. pcso13

pcso13 Happiness is a range in your backyard

Nov 25, 2018
    I thought so too.

Never been to one quite like that.

WHEELS likes this.
  4. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    Very nice! Wish my range had a little cafe area. Even just to get a cup of coffee, and discuss the days shoot with your crew...

BenchMonkey, WHEELS and pcso13 like this.
  5. Fight islam Now

Fight islam Now Active Member

Mar 3, 2017
    I shoot at home but I would patronize a place like that.

Probably the safest diner in town

pcso13, 41 Charlie and WHEELS like this.
  6. john_anch_ak

john_anch_ak Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 7, 2017
    Nice, I sure do wish Anchorage had an indoor shooting range. We did have one a bit over 20 years ago but they went broke and no one has started a new one. Even the small town of Palmer, AK, (population just under 6000 people), has a damn indoor range. While Anchorage has a population of just under 300,000. (getting too damn many liberal pukes in this town lately.
    There is an outdoor range in Anchorage that is about 5 minutes away from the house that is run by the state. I don't go there because it is run by a$$holes
    There is another outdoor range that is about 40 miles round trip. It is very nice and is run by some real great folks and excellent ranges. No heated ranges which was no bid deal when I was young but sense I'm an old fart staying warm is a big deal. Birchwood has a population of around 8000.

7. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    It seems like in a city of 300k like Anchorage an indoor range would be a no brainer

john_anch_ak likes this.
  8. Barefootdog

Barefootdog Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2018
    Appreciate the heads up...the family has a home on John Anderson in Ormond by the Sea...Will check it out next time I'm in Florida.

pcso13 likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted