1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually just sold the AR I purchased this for to a member here, and was planning to keep this and mount it to my tactical shotgun, but it turns out it works better for an AR.

This is a pretty much like-new Vortex Razor AMG Uh1 holographic sight, that saw 100 rounds on a Wilson AR before I sold it. Purchased a few months ago, works great. I don’t see any blemishes. Comes with the box, an extra battery, unopened Vortex wiping cloth, a neoprene sleeve I bought from a gun shop to protect the lenses, and the manual (got a little oil on it, but still completely readable). This was great for tactical targets and out to 100-200 yards for my bad eyes, but I just needed some magnification beyond that. I love that the reticle is more then just a dot, helps with quick sight acquisition and holdovers. I’ve heard some criticism about the reticle not being crisp on this model, but I think it works great. If your eye is focusing where it should be (or you are using a magnifier) I found it pretty crisp (it’s just not going to be a solid circle). I can’t, for the life of me get a pic of the reticle without it washing out—see Youtbe for some great reviews and videos if it I suppose. As you likely know, Vortex has a legendary lifetime transferable warranty, and I purchased from an authorized online dealer (not Amazon— happy to send my receipt too if desired). MSRP is $649, I paid $400, so I figure $315 shipped is fair (PayPal). I don’t really do returns but we can talk if you spot a problem I missed immediately and let me know.

I’ve had good experiences here, would rather go this route then EBay, but we’ll see if interest exists.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,475 Posts
Toss it on the shotgun....I run an Eotech on my KSG and love it even just messing around with friends shooting Clays.

Karsten

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Toss it on the shotgun....I run an Eotech on my KSG and love it even just messing around with friends shooting Clays.

Karsten
That was my initial plan, and if my stock was like yours I think it would’ve worked perfectly. However, my stock is a bit more traditional (more drop), and I had to lift my head several inches to be on the right site-plane.
It worked 100% perfect on my AR though.

·
Banned
1,475 Posts
That was my initial plan, and if my stock was like yours I think it would’ve worked perfectly. However, my stock is a bit more traditional (more drop), and I had to lift my head several inches to be on the right site-plane.
It worked 100% perfect on my AR though.
Unless the Vortex is different you can be a Bobble Head and the sight will still work just fine. As long as you can see the target through the sight you will be on target.

These types of sights don't has a Paralax Issue like conventional recticle scopes do..Give it a shot and see if it doesn't work for you.

This one....Aimpoint Pro you will be on target even with the front cover closed as long as you can see the Dot.

Karsten

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unless the Vortex is different you can be a Bobble Head and the sight will still work just fine. As long as you can see the target through the sight you will be on target.

These types of sights don't has a Paralax Issue like conventional recticle scopes do..Give it a shot and see if it doesn't work for you.

This one....Aimpoint Pro you will be on target even with the front cover closed as long as you can see the Dot.

Karsten
you are indeed correct, but being down so low just felt wonky and I actually liked my night sights better than it (and in the AR it had a nice co-witness I didn’t get with the shotgun). Feel like it needs a worthy home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts