close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

VZ 20% off

Discussion in '1911 Gear' started by 230gr, Sep 27, 2011.

1. 230gr

230gr Member

Aug 23, 2011
    got an email today from VZ, 20% off all grips to promote two new styles/colors they're releasing.

use coupon code: 2NEW20

2. Joemannnnn

Joemannnnn Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Why did you do this to me!?!? Now I had to go and buy the operators I've been wanting for my DW CCO. I guess I will just tell my wife that they were on sale. That's always their excuse isn't it?

3. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Thanks.. I needed a set of diamond backs and some screws.. That just sealed the deal.. Ron

4. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Danr it. Just placed my order yesterday

5. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    John is a sponser.. Send him a "please" message.. LOL. Who knows.. Cheers.. Ron

6. 230gr

230gr Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I know I know...it was the prompt to drop another $52 something on grips I wouldn't have bought otherwise...so much for "need to save some money" LOL

7. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Me too.. Diamond backs in desert sand.. and a couple sets stainless slotted screws.. 20% is free shipping and screws... Ron

8. 230gr

230gr Member

Aug 23, 2011
    oh I love it...got a shipment tracking notice already...!!!

9. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Woohoo. Thanks for the code. Just ordered a set of Frag officer grips for the SA Compact.

10. wade-19

wade-19 Global Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Aug 17, 2011
    When does this end ?

11. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Tonight at Midnight

12. wade-19

wade-19 Global Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Aug 17, 2011
    Thanks . Guess I need to get in gear .

13. nomad

nomad Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Picked up two sets , very nice deal..

14. Pathfinder06

Pathfinder06 Disciple of JMB

Oct 1, 2011
    I thought it was a deal too..... Mine came in without the ambi cut...... Now I've got to send them back.... So much for getting a deal.

15. knedrgr

Aug 15, 2011
    Just get out the trusty dremel.

16. sjd78

sjd78 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 29, 2011
    Midnight tonight.

17. Pathfinder06

Oct 1, 2011
    OK, so I did..... It came out fine. In fact the right safety was also hitting the top of the grip panel and I modified the grip..... Would have had to anyway, even if I had sent the panel back for the cut.
    I just copied the Springfield original grip ambi cut with tighter tolerances, (still plenty of clearance).

Was slightly uptight about carving on brand new carbon fiber grips..... But I saved the return shipping fee. Since they goofed on the order they could have goofed on the ambi cut.

So now It's done. Thanks Knedrgr for the push.

18. knedrgr

Aug 15, 2011
    Glad you got it to work. I had to mod my ambi cut slightly. It was a little too shallow and caused a bit of friction on the TS arm. So I took a diamond file and relieved it.

19. Pathfinder06

Oct 1, 2011
    Well, I just got the thinkin' it thru.... By the time a made a trip into town, (20 mi.), went to the post office, packaged and paid shipping, it was more complicated than just the shipping cost.
    And then there was the wait...... I've done a lot of router work, including Corian..... The thought of a cutter bit on a $100 grip just stopped me at first.

Clamped in the vise with a free hand/ slow approach got the job done... I'm happy with it. Thanks again.

20. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Ive had to trim a few down for the lever clearance as well.. Especially when using the "Latoya's fingernail" safetys that SA uses.. Ron

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted