1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My first Les Baer has arrived at my FFL. Unfortunately he's not able to release it to me today because of prior commitments. So there is my new baby waiting to be held and fondled and shot sitting in box lonesome. Meanwhile I have to pace the floor! I'll post pictures when I get it, should be tomorrow. Oh by the way it is a Les Baer Monolith Commanche Heavy. Should shoot really nice!
Bill:der:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Maybe your dealer will let you know which ammo it prefers. :lol:

·
Sharpening Ockham's Razor
1,990 Posts
The last day of waiting can sometimes be the hardest, Bill, but I think these circumstances are harder than most! :lol:

What's an "Apache" Monolith, by the way? :thumb:

Andy

·
In Therapy, no hope
1,342 Posts
Blood kin to the Commanche tribe. LOL

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Ya, that sucks. I would have to just take some good pills and go sleepy for the night. I know there is not much you can do about it. Hope you get it today, because now the waiting sucks for us, we need pics.

Good luck
Mike

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys all is well in the universe I'm back from the FFL with my Monolith Commanche and Wow am I impressed this thing is slicker than a minnows appendage. I can't say much for the Les Baer shipping container. Pictures as soon as I get home from the range.
Bill

·
What No Delete Button?
349 Posts
I can't say much for the Les Baer shipping container. Bill
It probably helps to keep the price down a tad:thumb:. These days I don't use the small range bag that comes with some of the other semi-custom manufactures anyways. I usually have a soft lined pistol rug that I throw them in and they get tossed into the range bag. When I first received my LB TRC, I couldn't even reack the slide without a front tap on something to knock it a bit out of battery and then racked the slide. I was impressed at how well it operated as tightly as it was fitted. It shot very accurately too. My only complaint if you call it that, was the frt strap checkering. After an extended range visit in this hot humid weather, between the sweat and the checkering, I found I preferred chainlink or snakeskin treatments better. Just a preferrence. The Baer is a great pistol, well made, and very accurate if you do your part. Good luck with yours!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts