Walther Colt 22 ?

Discussion in 'Competition 1911's' started by p7fl, May 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. p7fl

p7fl Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Walther Colt 22 ?

Any experience with this gun?

If so how was the out of the box trigger

+ reliable

+accurate

Background I have a Sig 1911 22 which I hate. My squad of regulars just bought a bunch of hand sized .22 steel targets and we are going to run some 2 gun. This will be similar to Pins which will all met up shooting 25 years ago.

Need something I enjoy looking at but will also be accurate to shoot.

Just got sucked in by Aaron for another WC so don’t want to spend big $.

Thx

jon

2. mlea5150

mlea5150 Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2016
    No personal experience but I gotta believe it’s on par with the Sig/GSG. Will cost a few dollars more, but IMO the best bang for your buck in terms of both accuracy and reliability would be a Nelson conversion.

Don_P likes this.

3. Colt1911Guy

Colt1911Guy Lifetime NRA member

Aug 27, 2017
    I have one and it’s fun to shoot. The trigger is good and mine is plenty accurate.
    From why I hear the finish can be a bit weak during cleaning but I’ve never had an issue.
    Try it out imo.

boatdoc likes this.
  4. p7fl

p7fl Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Hard to believe, but, the Sig actually shoots worse than it looks. :)

Attached Files:

5. noveske_nut

noveske_nut Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2017
    I have the gsg (sig) and the colt rail gun.

GSG was more reliable and had better accuracy. I got about 200 rounds through "colt" before I had a friend work on the trigger... got it back and quickly realised the grip safety was go longer working. Called and was looking at $100 in parts! So in a drawer it still sits.

Buy once, cry once. Get the Nelson

Don_P and mlea5150 like this.
  6. Colt1911Guy

Colt1911Guy Lifetime NRA member

Aug 27, 2017
    I have a few thousand rounds through mine with no problems, so far.
    I bought it for my daughter so it gets limited use.

7. Don_P

Don_P Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 4, 2018
    I also have both the Walther/Colt and the Sig 1911-22. The W/C will be a step down from the Sig. W/C tolerances leave a lot to be desired. The finish sucks. The gun functions fairly well, but it's not an over achiever as far as accuracy goes. It can be a little fussy with ammo, and when you can find mags, they are expensive. Out of the box the trigger is marginal at best, but you can use just about any manufacturer of higher end 1911 parts to improve it.

I also have a Nelson Custom 22 conversion and couldn't agree more with the other recommendations. It is a little pricey for a 22 conversion, but worth every penny. Wait time from order to delivery is 15 - 16 weeks, but well worth the wait. It is super reliable, accurate, and impressively well made. The same can be said for a Bob Marvel Custom 22 conversion. Put one on top of one of your favorite, higher end, 1911 lowers and you will never buy another rimfire pistol.
    If I had it all to do over again I would just buy the Nelson and there would have been no need to look any further.

That said, you mentioned you were trying to lean toward a conservative budget, you could spend less than the amount of a new gun (or conversion) on some upgrade parts for your Sig from cwaccessories.com and wind up with a pretty decent shooter.

p7fl, mlea5150 and noveske_nut like this.
  8. p7fl

p7fl Member

Oct 30, 2019
  9. Buff0077

Buff0077 New Member

Jun 20, 2020
    I had the same safety issue on my Walther 1911, turned to be a eight dollar sear spring.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted