1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me decide on a new pistol.
I have a few Government Colts and A few Hk’s. I would like to buy a new double stack 9mm pistol with around a 4” barrel plus or minus. Was considering one of the glock type pistols like the Zev oz9 or faxon patriot. Anyone have any experience with these guns or something similar? Also maybe a stacco P or older STI offering but i would prefer a fixed rear sight. Trying to stay around $1300-$1800. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or info!

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,016 Posts
STI, everyone seems to love them

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,016 Posts
yes i would really like a stacatto p but i prefer the older version with the “tree bark” grip and fixed sights.
Anything can be tracked down, I see many great things on GB if you are patient.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,592 Posts
Got yourself a nice Hi Power, every 1911 owner should have at least one.

·
Deo Volente
7,107 Posts

·
CEO of DILLIGAF industries
8,484 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
I nearly bought an OZ9 myself, until I started reading a handful of forum threads where they were shearing barrel lugs.

Every company has a lemon pass through from time to time, but there were enough stories in a single thread that I didn’t want to take a chance.

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,052 Posts
Stacatto P...

·
старая каза
594 Posts
What I'd recommend would be based on what you want to do with it. If it's something I know I may have to use to ventilate an unwanted visitor someday, I want something good but not terribly expensive. The first thing that LE is going to do is confiscate it as evidence so I bought a lightly used HK VP9SK. I keep it real handy. My other choice for HD is a Walther PPQ 45 and it's on my nightstand. Both pistols cost < $500 ($100 Walther rebate in 2017) and I think that's preferable to risking a $3k 1911. Both are outstanding shooters.

If you're just wanting something fun for the range, though, the sky's the limit. I like CZ's for all-around good times, vintage Walther pistols, 1911's and Colt revolvers just because they're cool. Your budget allows you to get something nice. I think a Sig Legion P226 SAO would be another great choice and it's well within your price range.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts