1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks

I read a thread recently about DW promoting the use of kroil to clean the guns.
Kroil is a penetrating oil and I am an oil addict to...sooo... I tried it. Kano makes the stuff and has a special going:

http://www.kanolabs.com/google/?gclid=CNbr6cfC_NQCFc1LDQoduaQGcw

I spray it in the bore,swab it around, let it sit a bit and after I swab it clean, the bores are the cleanest I have ever seen. They look new to me(especially the grooves).

I have a bit of oil on hand. some to clean(clp type) and some to lube. NOTHING works as a clp like this kroil

in order to deplete my "other" clps supplies, I will us e the kroil on the bore and the others for the rest of the gun until the day I switch to all Kroil

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I picked up a bottle myself after hearing about how great it is. I'm a bit of a clean bore freak.
you will lOVE it. I suggest letting the oil penetrate the bore surfaces for a few minutes, then swab the mess out

·
TANSTAAFL
1,812 Posts
Now we know Joe's secret to the mirror finish...Safety-Kleen!!!:eek:
With that wonderful aroma when the cleaner is all new and fresh...

Reactions: Kip

·
Premium Member
3,933 Posts
I wonder how it would work on a titanium cylinder. Have not found anything that does a decent job yet..

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,788 Posts
Never thought to try kroil, I've been using it for 25 years or so at work. Does a good job for most things, it's either that or PB Blaster!!

·
Registered
729 Posts
I have a bottle of Kroil and have only ever used it for tougher gun clean up (carbon on ARs etc). I'll have to try in it a bore of my 1911s. I've been using Hoppes.

·
I’m just here for the 1911’s
3,233 Posts
Kroil is definitely great stuff, the smell is pretty strong though, so I quit using it since I like to clean indoors.

·
In the staging lanes
2,252 Posts
So is Kroil safe on Titanium? I'd try it on my Gemtech can discs if safe.

George

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
5,017 Posts
Kroil mixed with JB bore paste, excellent for breaking in/cleaning the barrel for the 1st times during break-in!
Ah yes, the bench rest special, magic, double-lucky paste.
I clean with Kroil, blow it out and lube with FP 10.

Reactions: boatdoc
1 - 20 of 21 Posts