close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Warrior Grip

Discussion in 'Gear Talk' started by Carolinaboy, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Carolinaboy

Carolinaboy Aim Small Miss Small Supporting Addict

Sep 17, 2011
    Not Kimber Warrior

But Warrior Grip

I found this guys company by looking around various companies on Facebook. I'm gonna try out one of his grips next. I want to go with some Desert Tan grips. The Elephant Hide is my favorite style.

Styles may not be for everyone but I like the looks of them. When I get the grips I'll report back. I have emailed him a few times, he is very quick on responses, so that is always a bonus for me.

Here's his site: WarriorGrip

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Warrior-Grip-LLC/199494476760734

Here's some pics:

Elephant Hide (one's I'm liking)
    [​IMG]

2. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Not bad, stippling is taking over the world!!!!

3. Carolinaboy

Sep 17, 2011
  4. Carolinaboy

Sep 17, 2011
    Light Tan, Elephant Hides Ordered!

I have been emailing him back and forth about the aggressive grip of them. He is making a set slightly more aggressive, and I can tone it down if I need to later. Great CS so far. I've been asking him for pics of the difference between Coyote Brown and Desert Tan. He was extremely quick with emails and a great guy to talk to on the phone. Can't wait to get the grips and do a review!

5. Carolinaboy

Sep 17, 2011
    Got the new grips in yesterday. Took some pictures this morning. I have to say I like them a lot. I was looking for a Light Tan grip that would resemble a Desert Tan, these did just that.

First Impressions:
    Like rsxr22 said, stippling is really taking over. But that is not really the case in 1911s. Of course all the "plastic" guns it is. Unboxing these grips I noticed Ed, really did a great job with these. The grips are aggressive, like I wanted but not too aggressive. This gun will be a range dog, and hunting sidearm. So not concerned with having to conceal the firearm. I can tell you one thing, these would not be fun to conceal. They would tear up your clothes.

Got them on the Gun, and I love the grip it gives me. They ride in my Blackhawk fine on my side with out grabbing my clothes or anything. I also like the slight contrast in color from the stippling, it gives the lines a darker tint. They kinda look burnt. I like it.

Customer Service:
    Ed Driver is the main person I talked to when ordering these grips. Ed is a great guy, he took all my questions and answered them very quickly. We emailed each other quite a bit. I had a lot of questions, I wanted to get the right grips the first time. Ed answered all my questions sent me some pictures and made suggestions. I told him I loved the look of the Elephant hide, but they were some of the least aggressive of what he offered. So he did a set for me that were slightly more aggressive he did it just right. I've spoken to him on the phone and he's a great and genuine guy. Will do business again, I like to support these kinda of businesses. Customer service is nice to see now a days.

Anyways here are some pics. I'll report back when I take it to the range

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. nomad

nomad Member

Aug 22, 2011
    They should have called it sadistic grips, looks like most of them make you bleed.:lol:

7. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Wow,.......should have been called "Bloodletters"

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted