close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Was it this way for you

Discussion in '1911 Carry' started by HotRoderX, Aug 18, 2011.

1. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Member

Aug 18, 2011
    I was wondering was it this way for any of you. A few months ago I shot my first 1911 and fell in Love insistently no questions asked. The gun was perfect in my hand everything was smooth as butter. I knew at that point I had to have a 1911. Took me a few months but I saved up the money got my first 1911 RIA Tactical in 9mm.

I had also in this time decided I wanted to start carrying so I took the steps to get my CCP it has taken some time but its been worth it. At first I planned to carry a small J-Frame 637 pistol due to my size but decided to try something bigger.

Thats why I ended up ordering a 1911 holster I was kinda worried about how it carry as far as weight and size go but a really high quality holster has taken care of those issues. Sorry kinda got side tracked back to the original topic. The moment I put that holster on and my gun it was like something clicked. I know now I made the perfect decision and that a 1911 will always be my carry of choice. I will still carry the J-Frame when a full size gun is not appropriate but the 1911 is just to perfect and feels to perfect not to carry it.

How was it for you what made you decide to start carrying a 1911 over anything else.

2. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    That's sort-a the way it goes.. I generally fall in love every few weeks... hahahahaha... Pistols as well.. LOL.. Ron

3. djackson

djackson Member

Aug 18, 2011
    sounds about right

4. drcfirearms

drcfirearms Forum Sponsor Sponsor

Aug 16, 2011
    Every once in a while I attempt to throw a Glock on in an IWB......I am instantly reminded why I carry a lightweight 1911.

5. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I rotate still between a G19 and EMP. I like the fact that I have 16 rounds with the G19 and I do not carry an extra magazine when i carry it. The EMP also carries extremely well, but when i carry it, i almost always have an extra magazine.

They are both very nice to carry and I am excessively comfortable with each platform.

6. 20South

20South Member

Aug 19, 2011
    I still carry the P7 every so often, but my story is about like yours. Commander NN here.

[​IMG]

7. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Same with me every now and again I try a IWB and instantly go to a 1911 OWB... Two many big irons IWB... LOL.. Ron

8. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    I carry a Glock of some sort most of the time, but since I've gotten the DW CCO and Guardian, I've been carrying them alot.

9. minderasr

minderasr Member

Aug 20, 2011
    I normally carry a Glock 19 or 23. But lately (since I got a Milt Sparks SS2) it's been all 1911. No issues concealing it, and I find the SS2 very comfortable. And I'm a big guy (width, not so much height).

:whistle:

10. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    I switch between my Guncrafter NN, My SA Operator (has magwell so I really have to dress around it) and a Glock 19 depending on how Im dressed.

11. Chris

Chris YOU ****!!!! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    For the last couple years, I have mainly alternated between a K9 and K40 for carry with some OWB 1911 carry when I had a coat on during the cooler months. Recently, I decided I want to EDC a 1911 since it is my favorite platform and shoot the best with it. Got a VM2 inbound and cant wait to try it out. Also about ready to trade in my Colt commander to offset the cost for a VBOB.

On another note Hotrod, apologies for being a **** a few times about grammar on TOS and I was out of line. Glad you like your carry rig. :thumb:

12. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Thanks for the apologey I am sure I got heated a few times over there also. TOS can really grate on your nerves after a while that's for sure.

13. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    :grouphug:

14. Chris

Chris YOU ****!!!! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    Wanna join in Quack? Colon clean? :lol:

15. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    :rofl:

16. Bear72

Bear72 New Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Thats excatly how I feel, I carried my Glock 21 for quite some time until I bought my first 1911, a RIA compact...I love it, I cant believe I carried that monster, I will never carry anything but a 1911 again. RIA 1911-A1.jpg

17. jst1tym

jst1tym What No Delete Button? Supporting Addict

Aug 23, 2011
    Since I never much considered concealed carry with any seriousness I hadn't thought about a pistol for it. After owning my emp for a year or so it finally dawned on me that it would make a great carry piece. Very compact, lightweight, accurate, and reliable. I gave a short amount of thought to it and after reading up on various carry rigs, I finally decided on a Big River Leather IWB rig. I put in an order and 6mos later the rig and belt showed up on my doorstep. Quality stuff. I'm really happy with my choice emp/IWB combo and we'll see how long it will last. I've slacked off carrying lately mostly because I don't go out that much. But like all things, it good to be prepared for anything at anytime, so I am :thumb:

18. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    I had a G26 for carry. Then I'd bought by first 1911, and it was all downhill from there. I went on and sold the G26, and make money on it, and bought a SA Ultra Compact. I also started w/ one of the best IWB holster, VM2, and never looked back.

19. Dwe

Dwe I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!

Sep 4, 2011
    Yea Verily. When you hear a great truth, you should listen, stand up, and proclaim it to the world.....
    OOps. Sorry, um, I agree!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  20. Dave T

Dave T New Member

Aug 27, 2011
    I was carrying a M28-2 on duty and our annual qualification was coming up in a couple months. It coincided with the end of my probation period and the department announced they were finally going to authorize semi auto carry if you could qualify. I had been reading a lot of stuff by a guy named Cooper so I went to my favorite gun emporium and bought a brand new MK IV Series 70 45 ACP Government Model for the princely sum of $125. Got two extra GI magazines, a set of reloading dies, a Lyman bullet mould for the 225g RN and 5 boxes of RA 68 surplus Ball for familiarization and to have the brass when I'd shot it up.

First thing I noticed was that Cooper was right. This thing was very easy to control and to shoot. That short, light trigger (relative to a stock M28 DA) made hitting what I shot at almost easy. Even with handloads I just put the front sight on what I wanted to hit and the majority of the time that's where the bullet went. I was sold and had no trouble qualifying when the time came.

Unlike some of you, I can't say I loved the gun. I can say I sure liked it a lot but even better, I liked the way I shot it. Carried one model or other of Colt 45 ACP for the rest of my LE career and for most of the years since retiring. (smile)

Dave

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted