WC Protector or EB Kobra

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by PorscheGuy, Feb 27, 2012.

1. PorscheGuy

PorscheGuy Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2012
    I have the chance to buy either, they are both the same price, I already have a WC CQB Elite, are both of these on par with the CQB, thoughts

The WC is SS, the EB is two tone

2. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    :welcometo:

There is a bit of price difference,.....but I believe the Wilson is the overall better weapon.
    I love Brown's work, but Wilson has a WEE BIT better customer service, if you should ever need it.

3. PorscheGuy

Feb 14, 2012
    i know, however, the WC is the same price

4. Pro-One

Pro-One Active Member

Jan 30, 2012
    Hey PorscheGuy, I have a WC Protector in SS with light engraving and she has been a great shooter from day one with no issues, I recently sold my EB Kobra Carry which I carried for years with no issues. I did look at Buying the EB Kobra 5" but ended up with something different, as far as fit/finish/quality goes I would say you can't go wrong with either. It will come down to personal preference on finishes and would say both are on par with CQB. Here's a photo of my WC, will have to dig thru folders to post photos later of EB. Hope this was a little helpful and post some photos once you decide. Best Regards, Pro-One Mark's Guns 097-1.jpg Mark's Guns 098-1.jpg

5. PorscheGuy

Feb 14, 2012
    ^like the grips, where did you get them if you dont mind me asking

6. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Those look like Carbon Creation grips

7. Pro-One

Pro-One Active Member

Jan 30, 2012
    They are from Carbon Creations, The photos don't do them justice. Many variations available, I was introduced to them when I received my Tripp Research pistol. Hell if there good enough for Virgil to install on one of his 1 of 1 creations I figured there good enough for me. Have 5-6 sets mounted on various 1911's and they look great. Sorry for photo quality:frusty: Mark's Guns 154-1.jpg Mark's Guns 155-1.jpg Mark's Guns 158-1.jpg Mark's Guns 158.jpg

8. PorscheGuy

Feb 14, 2012
  9. 20South

20South Active Member

Aug 19, 2011
    I would buy the Wilson if my choice was between those two. I heard Ed Brown was rude. :animal: Seriously - I would pick the Wilson. I am a stainless fan, better CS, and I just like the Protector aesthetics more than the Kobra.

10. 20South

20South Active Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Beautiful. Really a nice piece P1.

11. Pro-One

Pro-One Active Member

Jan 30, 2012
    Thanks Bro:thumb:

12. 5 Screw Smith

5 Screw Smith Μολὼν λαβέ

Dec 11, 2011
    My WC Protector below. The only real difference between the Protector and CQB is the Protector has a FLGR and the CQB has the military plug type. The Protectors are usually all SS or two tone with a carbon steel slide. The CQBs are usually carbon steel. IMHO you can't go wrong with either the EB or WC. The Protector probably has a Speed-Chute mag well though, which I like a lot.

[​IMG]

13. PorscheGuy

Feb 14, 2012
    bought the EB Kobra, went with a older steel blue/blue, thanks

14. Pro-One

Pro-One Active Member

Jan 30, 2012
    Congrats- Great Gun and best of luck. Post some photos of that bad boy when you get a chance:eyebrows:

15. Pyrenean

Pyrenean New Member

Nov 16, 2011
    I am a sucker for a blue gun! Pics when you can please.

16. Talo1911

Talo1911 New Member

Sep 15, 2011
    I held the Brown and Wilson models side by side two years ago, trying to choose between the two. Not an easy thing to do. Both pistols are marvelous, and precision made firearms. Make the decision on the one YOU prefer. You want to be sure, when spending that kind of cash for a 1911.
    I chose the Ed Brown Executive carry model, simply because it felt more balanced in MY hand ..... :nod:

You can't go wrong either way.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted