1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I鈥檝e been on this forum for years; and never scrolled down enough before to see this Florida section. 馃憤

Registered
The mermaids ain't what they used to be
That鈥檚 probably because they鈥檙e the same mermaids that I saw when I went there 45 years ago!! 馃槼 (So they are what they used to be! 馃槃)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I choose to remember them the way they were, 20 years ago. You gents are scaring me. On another note I did a canoe trip down river from their location and it was really great. Gators, Manatees, and Otter all made an appearance.
You were in my neighborhood! 馃憤

Registered
My SIL lives in Spring Hill, are there any places I need to se when we go over there to visit? I don't want to listen to the ladies visit.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My SIL lives in Spring Hill, are there any places I need to se when we go over there to visit? I don't want to listen to the ladies visit.
Lots of restaurants, the Weeki Wachee Springs attraction, Heritage Museum in Brooksville, 11 miles north of Hwy 50 on the west side of US 19 is the entrance to the Hernando Sportsman's Club (my home range). Also up that way, but not as far north as the club entrance; is the Chazahowitzka WMA entrance. I mention that because it鈥檚 also the entrance to the Enjoy Distillery. The make some very nice shine, aged whisky, and fine Rum. The site itself is beautiful; and is a great place to stage an event. They also give out free samples and tours. Pine Island and Bayport are two public accesses to the Gulf, and there鈥檚 a public beach at the south end of Pine Island. The Bayport Inn, which you鈥檒l pass going to either; has some good seafood.

A bit farther south on HWY 52 east is my all time favorite LGS; 鈥極l Time Gun Shop. Mike keeps a nice inventory of guns and ammo; from the newest models to old collectables.

There鈥檚 more; but that should keep you busy for a day or two. 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Rick. I blame 7.62 for my new addiction.馃槣 he just had to mention this site. Now I log in here more than fcc. I have only acquired one 1911 so Far (WC), but I am learning a lot and my want list is long.
Well; that鈥檚 one hell of a start!

FYI: Shark hangs out a bit on this site, too.

7.62 used to blame me for his 1911 addiction; but he blew way past that in short order. 馃ぃ

1 - 20 of 25 Posts