close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Weekly Debate - Flat Trigger vs. Curved Trigger

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Quack, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    Since there are plenty of debates of different parts, i thought it would be interesting to keep everyone's thought together and let a Addict get everyone's take on it.

So since i know you ALL love flat triggers, let's start out with the Flat vs. Curved trigger.

and....BEGIN!!!!

2. KillStick

KillStick Lovin Life

Aug 17, 2011
    I have nothing against the flat trigger, I would honestly try it just to see the difference. Personally I think they both look equally well on a 1911, the only triggers I don't care for are the crazy designed triggers.

3. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Beretta & Hockey Fanatic

Aug 18, 2011
    Neither - I'm gonna design a V shaped trigger and be known as an even crazier guy than you [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. G26S239

G26S239 New Member

Aug 17, 2011
    All of mine do have, or did have, curved triggers. Never tried a flat trigger. Of course the old drop tang grip safety worked fine for me too, I never got hammer bite from my old MkIV Series 70.

5. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Quack, I saw from your other post that a flat trigger helped with having you finger sit low and rubbing during a session. I can now see why it would be a good idea for someone with that problem and why I never felt the need for it since my finger hits dead center with no uncomfortable rubbing. I don't see "the light" but I now understand. :cheerful:

6. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    I put a 10-8 flat trigger in my EMP.......has a very nice feel to it.
    However, a while back I ordered a Harrison short. It finally came in this week.
    Fitted it and need to make it to the range & try it out.

7. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Bill Clinton's was was kinked.. Sort of a "dogs leg" I understand... noR

8. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Member

Aug 18, 2011
    I'm kinda on the fence about them. I like the way they look...on certain guns. I'd like to give one a try before deciding.

9. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    many people that try them actually like them :smokin:

10. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    I've read the reason you use flat triggers, and honestly i've never seen the problems and will stick with curved. I may have to try a flat trigger one day, but I doubt I'll ever use one because they kill the looks I believe.

11. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Someone come and fit a 10-8 to my EMP and I'll try it.

12. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    come up and we can do it here.

don't think i'll be in the Cinci area anything soon.
    I think i'll be at WPAFB sometime in the next week or 2 though.

13. drcfirearms

drcfirearms Forum Sponsor Sponsor

Aug 16, 2011
    I have tried the flat triggers on several pistols, but could just never warm up to them.

14. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    My unit is at WP, I'm up there all the time, I wouldn't mind the drive. You should come down to Miamisburg and shoot (it's close to WP). I think there's a range in Vandalia too. Bring the rest of the crew and some of your fancy guns. :hail:

15. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Didn't JH do some trigger work on your EMP? It's your gun so do what you want, but if I dropped as much coin as you did on that sucker, I would leave it as JH made it for you. That's just me...

16. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    I'd like to try a flat trigger at some point. One of the decisions when going over my Guncrafter build sheet with Dave C. was whether or not to Quack it out. I still might eventually. :smilie:

Andy

17. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    I plan to post an in depth review on a 9mm EMP.
    Will provide details with stock trigger, 10-8 flat trigger and Harrison short curved.

18. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Yup, fit trigger, got rid of the ILS, tuned to ~3.5lbs (don't have a gauge) but I'm not sure what (if anything) was done to the rest of the ignition parts. I thought long and hard about having his full ignition set put it, but that was another $200-300 that I just didn't have. Lol

19. Texaspoff

Texaspoff They call me Tator

Aug 19, 2011
    I recently installed the 10-8 flat trigger in my STI before I sent it off. I actually liked it quite a bit. I prefer it over at least the standard curved trigger. Now I do like short triggers as well. Thats the beauty of the 1911 platform, easy enough to try different componants.

20. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    I've tried one gun with the flat trigger, and didn't see the point, as curved triggers work fine for me and my short fingers.

After reading Quack's other post, I can see where folks with ET fingers could benefit from a flat trigger. :grin:

Thanks goodness we have the choices.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted