Weight Loss

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SkDmRkLcY, Jan 7, 2012.

1. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Anyone else trying to lose weight for the new year or just because?

I have been offered a $3000 payday from my Wife's Aunt if I lose 50 lbs and get a check up. (Not been to an MD in 8 years.)

When I met my wife I had been loosing weight by walking more or less 5~10 miles a day and was down to 215 lbs which I felt great at.

Now after several years of eating out non stop and never getting to walk I am back up to 297.5 lbs. This seems to be my max, I never gain more no matter what I do or eat.

I have accepted the challenge and I am already down to 294.5, after dropping regular pop and walking every other day for 30 mins.

Getting ready to kick it into high gear this week. The 50 lbs for the payday will not be that hard, if I keep going is when it is more of a challenge.

So anyone else trying to get in shape?

2. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Yep,.....I'd like to lose about 30 pounds this winter/spring

3. dirty barrel

dirty barrel ( . Y . )

Oct 30, 2011
    Me and 4 other people I work with have each put $100 into a pot. Whoever loses the most weight by July 1st gets the pot. The owner of the company found out what we are doing and she said she will add the difference to make it $1000 to the winner.

I want to lose at least 50lbs in the next 6 months.

I quite chewing Copenhagen last year, after chewing for 22 years and then stopping I have put on some extra weight.

4. c.helm

c.helm Active Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I started P90X last year the day after Thanksgiving. My wife started it with me. I weighed in at 225. By the end of January I was 200 and now over a year later I'm 190. We do the work out 6 days a week (I do anyway, and sometimes twice a day) part of the workout is weights while the other is cardio. We also do the Insanity work out and just got the P90X2.

It takes a bit to get into and boy ya need to drink a lot of water.

Good luck it is worth it to get into shape!

5. AlchemyCustomWeaponry

AlchemyCustomWeaponry Crabby Old Gunsmith

Nov 4, 2011
    Current weight 246.5. I am going to try to get down to LHW cutoff (198) pounds by the first week of April to do a bodybuilding show. Good luck to everyone trying to lose weight.
    For me, it comes of real fast. I just have to be careful to lose fat and not muscle.

6. buyobuyo

buyobuyo Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Between 2006 and 2009, I went from 250 to 190. Over the last couple of years, I've creeped back up to almost 230. I want to get back down to 200 or less.

7. too_pure

too_pure Employed

Nov 9, 2011
    Since May 2011 I went from 247 to 194. I'm happy to keep it under 200 at 6'1". Plus I lift so that increases weight without fat. My waist went from 40" to 34". I look like a different person and it's a big deal to me at 41 years old. I'm in the best shape of my life. Carrying IWB is a hell of a lot more comfortable, too.

My wife also lost 50 lbs in the same period. She runs. I go to the gym. Needless to say our marriage has improved in certain ways :)

8. SkDmRkLcY

Aug 17, 2011
    Yeah I felt so much better than I do now when I was at my lowest. I am hoping once I am halfway done I know it will get harder... just got to push though.

At least by then I will be up 3k and have either a rifle or another 1911 :p

9. Mythree

Mythree Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 9, 2011
    Losing wieght after 45 is tough but it doesn't help when people sit on their arse in front of a computer all day/night. Some people can't help it as its their job - then others just do it because it's an easy form of entertainment without exerting any energy. Kids today are all fat because they play to many video games plunked down in front of the freakin tv, no sports, no hobbies that require the use of physical exertion, shame really...!!!

10. jblackfish

jblackfish Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Yep. I'm on a new year's intake regimen and trying to lose 25 lbs so I can get an IWB holster in my pants without buying "fatter" clothes. I'm doing it slowly - I think that's the best way - and then plan to stay there. I'm down 4 lbs so far.

11. longslide

longslide New Member

Nov 8, 2011
    I had 2 surgeries in 2009 to repair a bicep tendon that I had partially torn curling way too much weight.

I was very strong, but I was carrying a lot of fat around my waist.

I needed to lose weight and I knew that I wouldn't be able to do a lot of meaningful exercise for a while, so I cut my caloric intake to around 1700 - 1800 caleries per day.

I lost around 40 lbs in a period of several months.

I started doing some pretty heavy lifting around 5 - 6 months ago and I have put on some significant upper body muscle.

But I have kept the fat off and still get into a 34 - 35 inch pant size.

I plan to start doing some pretty serious running in the next month or so after my turf toe (that I got falling down the stairs from the attic, along with the Christmas tree I was taking down) heals up.

I am 54 years old and I have to work constantly to not gain weight.

I have been running for 30 years and lifting for 10 years.

But when I get home from work at night, frequently frazzled from a day at the office, it is hard to resist the recliner chair and the remote control (or whatever book I'm reading).

It's worth the effort it takes to get and stay in shape.

Good luck to everyone on their efforts.

12. PistolPrincess

PistolPrincess Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Good Luck to all of you....I'm working on weight loss too....bikini season is just around the corner :)

13. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Tease, tease, tease.

14. E39

E39 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 15, 2011
    I need to lose 75 pounds. Perhaps someone can start a combination Fat Farm-Handgun Training Program.

15. Mythree

Mythree Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 9, 2011
    I'll get in a Bikini and show you - If you show me ...???:nod::eek:

16. dirty barrel

dirty barrel ( . Y . )

Oct 30, 2011
    Alright guys it's been almost 1 month since this thread was started. How is everyone doing with there weight loss goals?

I have lost 16 pounds.

17. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Push to test, release to detonate

Aug 17, 2011
    hmm back down to 170 and less than a 30 in waist.. so pretty damned good

18. dilespla

dilespla Never made it to step 12 Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm just getting back into running. It's hard once you start and then stop, to get going again. I lost 10 pounds in the first 2 weeks of running, so I know it works, and I know I can do it again! Now, where did I put that motivation???

19. Fire-Medic

Fire-Medic Back At It

Jan 10, 2012
    I'm late to the party, but coincidentally started a new years resolution as well with my wife to get my butt back in shape. My job is very demanding physically and just being out of shape can get ya killed. I had a really bad scare last year with a smoke inhalation incident which was my wake up call if you will. My air bottle ran out much faster than it should have because I was out of shape and I had to haul ass out of the burning condo holding my breath, had to rip my mask off on the way out and inhaled some nasty stuff, was out of work for about a month. It's not an excuse but last year was a bad year for me and my wife, a lot going on, and with all the stress and what not exercise and eating right went out the window. I had gotten to my heaviest ever (252 lbs) was never even that big playing football, and it was time for a change.

We tried the insanity videos, but we didn't like it. I'm a gym rat and use to pushing weight around and thats what my body responds to best. Wife and I started doing Crossfit mid last month and I love it because you lift but there is also a lot of cardio. I am also doing brazilian jiu-jitsu twice a week if not on shift the nights they do the classes. I am already down to 236 lbs and happy with it. I want to see if I can get down to 210lbs again, much lighter than that is hard for me I would have to starve myself, my build does not tolerate much less than that.

Good luck to everyone else as well. :thumb:

20. SkDmRkLcY

Aug 17, 2011
    I have been going rather slow, I know what I need to do but work has been killing me.

I am taking some time off in the next week to get rested and in to routine.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted