1911 Firearm Addicts banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
We have a very simple solution but it's a hard one to overcome. STOP SEEING DOLLAR SIGNS AND DONT SELL OUT IDAHO!. The problem is too many Idahoans are cashing in on the tremendous sale opportunities and selling out Idaho one house at a time. If Californians and other liberals can't buy a house they can't move here. Greed is ruining this state with each sale, eventually people "upgrading" their properties will end up losing their property when all the Californians get elected, turn Idaho into a liberal sh*thole, and drive up our property taxes to pay for all their idiotic social programs. So please for the love of our state and way of life STOP selling out to the Liberal Locust Horde and Keep Idaho Red! Lastly, get out and Fing vote, otherwise you might as well be a liberal. Ok shutting up and getting off my soapbox. Merry Christmas, unless you are a liberal then Happy monkey fish frog holiday, now go back to craft beer and your pretentious soy latte land of CA.
You are stating absolute facts! Greed is the false godhead over everything in Idaho now. The issue is the Commiefornians as well as people from Washington (apple maggots) and Oregon (keep Oregon weird) are moving here in droves because the people they elected are literally destroying everything in their home state. The problem is they don't learn their lesson and continue to vote recklessly and then when Idaho turns blue and turns into Commiefornia, they go move somewhere else and continue the cycle. That is the main issue with these Commies and I'm not saying all of them are bad but the majority of them don't fit the model of being a true Idahoan (e.g., development, real estate, the most bang for your buck, inviting your Commie buddies down here, don't treat people with respect, etc.).

We have some very greedy, yet dumb family members who've sold their houses and are now living in 5th wheel trailers. Their plan is to live in these trailers until prices come down. The issue is the prices are continuing to climb and now they're stuck in a trailer at a trailer park until prices come down. I don't believe the prices will ever go down as long as there are dictator governers ruining half the states in America. The people will eventually get sick of their dictator governor and move to Idaho and that will never happen in today's world. Therefore, the housing prices won't go down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
But it's not just the people, look at all the home builder marketing and advertising calling outsiders to come here... Unfortunately we can't stop those morons, I'm also seeing a lot of new home builders now, probably builders coming from CA as well or Utah/Oregon/WA getting licenses and starting to build here as well to outsiders. I hate every time I go out and I see license plates from 10 different states driving around town, Boise is a shitshow now, can't get a table at a restaurant, traffic is insane, a lot more crime on the news! We are becoming the new CA until we get destroyed like them...

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
But it's not just the people, look at all the home builder marketing and advertising calling outsiders to come here... Unfortunately, we can't stop those morons, I'm also seeing a lot of new home builders now, probably builders coming from CA as well or Utah/Oregon/WA getting licenses and starting to build here as well to outsiders. I hate every time I go out and I see license plates from 10 different states driving around town, Boise is a shitshow now, can't get a table at a restaurant, traffic is insane, a lot more crime on the news! We are becoming the new CA until we get destroyed like them...
Yep, again you're exactly right. The population in CDA has risen at least 10 fold in the last decade with the majority of that coming in the last 3 years. Crime and traffic are insane. I'm very blessed to own acreage out of town but at the same time, It's extremely sad seeing what is happening to Idaho. I was born and raised here and I have never left. If it continues to get much worse, we may move to the outskirts of Montana or Wyoming.

Since communting from Sagle to CDA everyday for work. The joke I tell people frequently is if a pilot had no idea what state he was in and an emergency landing happened in the CDA area, based on the license plates, he wouldn't know if he was in Commiefornia, Oregon, Washington, New York (no I'm not joking people from NYC everywhere up here in the North) or Idaho.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Don't even get me started on out of state hunters, campers etc, and all the loons in their RVs who are homesteading. The last two years have been insane. These big liberal urban areas are in crisis and people are fleeing, we literally have refugee RV camps in some areas.
Dude I'm lucky enough to own enough acreage to hunt whitetail, coyote & elk and cougar.

Yes, out of state campers, hunters and just outdoor enthusiast really piss me off. I have to camp in Montana where my brother lives just to get away from the apple magats.

Do you live in North Idaho or Southern Idaho?

·
Banned
471 Posts
It's been just as crazy over here on the east side of the state as well. As just one example, there is a "tiny home" on our street that is 399 sq ft, no garage, on a micro city lot, and it's under contract right now for $350k. There are bidding wars are on just about everything, stuff selling for well above asking price. And I've never seen as many out of state plates as I have in the past year-and-a-half since Covid kicked in. At some point it dawned on me that many of these weren't just tourists - they were people who had recently moved here. I'm starting to get pretty worried about what my town, and the surrounding public land access, is going to be like in 5 years.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dude I'm lucky enough to own enough acreage to hunt whitetail, coyote & elk and cougar.

Yes, out of state campers, hunters and just outdoor enthusiast really piss me off. I have to camp in Montana where my brother lives just to get away from the apple magats.

Do you live in North Idaho or Southern Idaho?
I am in Eastern Idaho, we get all the traffic coming out of Utah going up to the parks, normally we see them just passing through in the summer, now they are here to stay. Surface traffic and congestion is becoming a problem, schools are having issues with kids that are not from this area, and housing is an issue so now we have apartment complexes popping up everywhere.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I wish our state government would pass a law to make people who relocated here pay extra taxes, at the rate of tax from the place they left. For example, normally would pay 7% tax as a resident of Idaho. Californians buying property/ and sales tax in Idaho would have to 35% more tax. This can be justified by factoring in the strain on the community, education, hospital, emergency services, and local roadways.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
I am in Eastern Idaho, we get all the traffic coming out of Utah going up to the parks, normally we see them just passing through in the summer, now they are here to stay. Surface traffic and congestion is becoming a problem, schools are having issues with kids that are not from this area, and housing is an issue so now we have apartment complexes popping up everywhere.
Dude that's the same exact thing that's happening here. The CDA area is now known as little San Diego. It's full of fancy apartments and condo's and they're putting low income housing next to once nice neighborhoods that are now riddled with crime. The non-resident children going to schools in Idaho has been going on now for over a decade, at least in my specific area.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I wish our state government would pass a law to make people who relocated here pay extra taxes, at the rate of tax from the place they left. For example, normally would pay 7% tax as a resident of Idaho. Californians buying property/ and sales tax in Idaho would have to 35% more tax. This can be justified by factoring in the strain on the community, education, hospital, emergency services, and local roadways.
This is also what I'd like to see happening. It wouldn't be much different than the in-state / out-of-state tuition you see the universities charging students. Tax the crap out of people buying a house and moving here, at the same time lower the tax for residents since a lot of people are simply getting priced out of their homes since they can't afford to pay taxes anymore. Unfortunately short minded government and businesses are loving this invasion we are seeing in Idaho.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Every true Idahoan is on board with that. The main issue is our kids will never be able to afford housing In Idaho now.

·
Banned
471 Posts
Unfortunately, that's where a lot of this would need to happen - at the state level. Because of a variety of ID state laws, it's very hard for towns/counties to adopt those sorts changes. For the communities that are seeing rapid growth and a huge influx of out-of-staters, it makes it very hard to respond at the local level in a timely way.

On a related note, and as an example of the above - the state has made it virtually impossible for local communities to regulate short-term rentals (Air BnB, VRBO, etc), yet in many communities there is an explosion of this, and it's totally ruining neighborhoods and communities. I have a very different view of Air BnB than I did a few years ago - what it has done to our neighborhood, and our town, absolutely sucks. But we can't do anything about it as a town, because it would be in violation of state law. A big part of the problem these days is people (and businesses) buying up homes specifically to short-term rent the livin' heck out of them 24/7, with no intention of ever living in them. It's gutting our communities.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Unfortunately, that's where a lot of this would need to happen - at the state level. Because of a variety of ID state laws, it's very hard for towns/counties to adopt those sorts changes. For the communities that are seeing rapid growth and a huge influx of out-of-staters, it makes it very hard to respond at the local level in a timely way.

On a related note, and as an example of the above - the state has made it virtually impossible for local communities to regulate short-term rentals (Air BnB, VRBO, etc), yet in many communities there is an explosion of this, and it's totally ruining neighborhoods and communities. I have a very different view of Air BnB than I did a few years ago - what it has done to our neighborhood, and our town, absolutely sucks. But we can't do anything about it as a town, because it would be in violation of state law. A big part of the problem these days is people (and businesses) buying up homes specifically to short-term rent the livin' heck out of them 24/7, with no intention of ever living in them. It's gutting our communities.
I think this is what Mccall locals were complaining this summer, tons of airbnb while local workers cant afford to live close to town anymore because all of the less expensive houses are now airbnb, I remember they having a hard time trying to create rules to regulate this in a more local friendly way

·
Banned
471 Posts
I think this is what Mccall locals were complaining this summer, tons of airbnb while local workers cant afford to live close to town anymore because all of the less expensive houses are now airbnb, I remember they having a hard time trying to create rules to regulate this in a more local friendly way
Yup - exactly. The state actually prevents local jurisdictions from being able to do so. The tin-foil-hat side of me thinks that Air BnB had some forward-thinking lobbyists who got to the legislature years ago before the anticipated problems arose.

To be clear, I think people should have a decent amount of freedom to do what they want with their own property. And if you own a home live in it 11 months of the year and then Air BnB it for a short amount of time while you go somewhere on vacation, I have no issue with that. But if you buy a home with no intention of living in it at all and turn the house into 3 different short-term rental units with new people continuously coming and going daily, you have created a business, not a home. And I think there can be certain places in town that are zoned for that, and others that aren't.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Idaho, best state in the Union... for now...CA is invading
I'm near Emmett. I have heard over 1000 housing units being build in Emmett in the next 6-12 mo. A lot for a small town. As Crazy_ADA gets crazier, people will be moving out farther...I got the hell out and hoping it will be some years till they can invade my 5 acres..

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
I'm near Emmett. I have heard over 1000 housing units being build in Emmett in the next 6-12 mo. A lot for a small town. As Crazy_ADA gets crazier, people will be moving out farther...I got the hell out and hoping it will be some years till they can invade my 5 acres..
Emmett now is pretty much the equivalent of what Meridian was 40 years ago so I'd say you have about that long if you're lucky... :giggle:

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
If this goes through then I'd say you have five years or so. Boise/Meridian/Nampa/Kuna/Emmett will start to merge together. Pretty soon you'll need to watch for the signs to know when you leave one town and enter another.
Meta

·
Registered
1911's
180 Posts
If this goes through then I'd say you have five years or so. Boise/Meridian/Nampa/Kuna/Emmett will start to merge together. Pretty soon you'll need to watch for the signs to know when you leave one town and enter another.
Meta
Not a ton of jobs with this. But a $50 million gift to the city of Kuna for sewer/water system=more subdivisions. Idaho will be ruined. Eventually.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts