1911 Firearm Addicts banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Also Mark Zuckerberg AKA Peppermint Patty AKA Jen Psaki, is putting the MetaVerse headquarters in Boise, Idaho. You talk about scary! I've already moved from Coeur 'd Alene (where I was born and raised) to Sagle Idaho on 20 acres but sooner than later that'll get invaded too. It's so crazy, the traffic, the crime and the Commiefornians moving here are making our great state cesspool.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Not a ton of jobs with this. But a $50 million gift to the city of Kuna for sewer/water system=more subdivisions. Idaho will be ruined. Eventually.
If it goes it'll be just the beginning. Look at how fast Micron grew from a couple hundred to 11,000 employees. Then laid off half the local workers and what jobs they didn't ship overseas they replaced with foreign contractors on work visa's. Micron was created in Boise and had a stake in Boise as we did in them. That still didn't stop them (at least after Appleton died) from shitting all over the people that helped make them what they are/were. Meta doesn't have any ties or loyalties to the state, not that that even matters I guess, and I'm pretty sure they'd love to see the state go blue. Maybe I'm going off about nothing but I'm an Idaho native and have seen a lot of change in my lifetime. I think growth is necessary but we need to be smart about how it happens. Rant off... :)

·
Registered
1911's
180 Posts
If it goes it'll be just the beginning. Look at how fast Micron grew from a couple hundred to 11,000 employees. Then laid off half the local workers and what jobs they didn't ship overseas they replaced with foreign contractors on work visa's. Micron was created in Boise and had a stake in Boise as we did in them. That still didn't stop them (at least after Appleton died) from shitting all over the people that helped make them what they are/were. Meta doesn't have any ties or loyalties to the state, not that that even matters I guess, and I'm pretty sure they'd love to see the state go blue. Maybe I'm going off about nothing but I'm an Idaho native and have seen a lot of change in my lifetime. I think growth is necessary but we need to be smart about how it happens. Rant off... :)
All good! I'm married to an Idaho native. She's a former micron employee. She can rant with the best of 'em....

I don't want my kids growing up in a californicated state. The dream of moving to rural Idaho for retirement has been ruined. Shoulda bought some dirt ten years ago.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
All good! I'm married to an Idaho native. She's a former micron employee. She can rant with the best of 'em....

I don't want my kids growing up in a californicated state. The dream of moving to rural Idaho for retirement has been ruined. Shoulda bought some dirt ten years ago.
The funny thing is me and my wife who are both Idaho natives bought property in July of 2019 and the prices were starting to climb slightly but no to bad. The madness we're seeing now started in 2020 and has just been exacerbated to the max. When the tyranny started happening in other states all freedom was lost, therefore, those people moved to Idaho. However, half of these people voted these tyrannical people into office and are to chicken **** to stay and vote them out. I though George Soros ruined countries and states but really it's the people who move here from totalitarian states (Washington, Commiefornia, Oregon & New York) and refuse to change their views even when they can clearly see what there views and politics have done to their home state(s). It's so infuriating because if they keep coming here, Idaho will be a cesspool just like Commiefornia , Washington, Oregon, etc.

I could sell my property easily for a million and It'd sell the first week. It's just insane out here especially if you want a chunk of acreage. It never used to be anywhere near this bad until the Commiefornians and apple maggots started driving up the cost to astronomical prices no Idaho native can afford.

Anyway, I digress.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I have 106 acres on a creek with a home. A mix of pasture land and wooded with natural springs and a well. It’s located outside of Kooskia. That area so rural, I think I’m safe for awhile. But the Boise area is insane. I remember when Eagle was just a four-way stop with a run-down gas station on the corner. I used to shoot full-auto with IAWCA near Parma and at Doc Dater’s home in the Boise foothills. Good times. Manley’s Cafe closed after I left in ‘95 (that made me sad when I came back to visit) and the entire Treasure Valley corridor just exploded with development.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have 106 acres on a creek with a home. A mix of pasture land and wooded with natural springs and a well. It’s located outside of Kooskia. That area so rural, I think I’m safe for awhile. But the Boise area is insane. I remember when Eagle was just a four-way stop with a run-down gas station on the corner. I used to shoot full-auto with IAWACA near Parma and at Doc Dater’s home in the Boise foothills. Good times. Manley’s Cafe closed after I left in ‘95 (that made me sad when I came back to visit) and the entire Treasure Valley corridor just exploded with development.
Are you still in Idaho? I am an Attorney as well, but I am down in Boise and part-time McCall. Kooskia is beautiful, but something tells me its not your primary. Tough to make a living...Well, tough to buy the firearms I have seen you buy with clearwater population. :)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Yes, not much of an economy there. I do take on the occasional injury case in that area, and they have been six-figure cases for the most part. Usually highway crashes, with some involving tractor trailer rigs. I and my office are principally residing in Spokane. But I am about done with Governor Inslee’s bullshit, and am planning on relocating permanently to the friendly side of the border.

·
Wrinkled Member
1,125 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wow looks like Chicken Little hasn't sold out enough and is trying to bring in another horde...
Unless, I'm missing something??

81 - 90 of 90 Posts