1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
**Called S&W to confirm the date, they said 1978 production year.**

A couple of quickie cell pics. This is in even better condition than I expected. I know it's been fired but definitely not much, absolutely no play in the cylinder upon lock up, bank vault tight!!! Can't wait to hit the range, have some light magnum loads to try with it. I'll take better pictures tomorrow when I have more time.

Looking at the ejection rod it definitely appears this was a lightly used revolver:

Made a deal on what should be a very nice S&W 29-2 from 1977/78. This is the epitome of a S&W revolver to me-best looking/best balanced. It's the revolver only but that's ok, I'll definitely be taking it to the range and probably even carry it now and then. I had been thinking of getting a Ruger GP100 Wiley Clapp but with this just a little bit more (I have enough .357 revolvers anyway lol) I had to go for it.

I have a couple of photos to share from the seller, hope to have it by Saturday. I'll update once I get it.

·
shooter of guns, petter of dogs
294 Posts
Not a huge fan of revolvers, unless they are not huge and not "fancy". You, sir, have nailed both. Looks beautiful!

·
Registered
626 Posts
I like a wheel gun. Saved a nice 64-3 3 inch recently, dropped it at a smith's this week for new springs all around, a thorough strip and clean. Had a spare pair of Spegel boot grips that fit nicely. The last one in that ilk got a bobbed hammer, grips, brass bead front and Cylinder &Slide rear sight - turned into a fantastic carry gun. I'm on the lookout for a good model 24. But I'm stopping <$1000 and that limits the finds. But patience, enough pawn shops and one can find a lot of good old Smiths out there. You got one in your new piece.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was looking at the 3" 64 offered here which came up after I contacted the seller of the 29. As it turned out the 64 sold while I was waiting to hear back from the 29 guy on my offer lol.

Kismet decided the 29 it was to be.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
I like a wheel gun. Saved a nice 64-3 3 inch recently, dropped it at a smith's this week for new springs all around, a thorough strip and clean. Had a spare pair of Spegel boot grips that fit nicely. The last one in that ilk got a bobbed hammer, grips, brass bead front and Cylinder &Slide rear sight - turned into a fantastic carry gun. I'm on the lookout for a good model 24. But I'm stopping <$1000 and that limits the finds. But patience, enough pawn shops and one can find a lot of good old Smiths out there. You got one in your new piece.
Yeah... less than $1000 is going to be tough for a M24.

I’m very happy I got mine a few years ago.

Good luck with the hunt!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
My receipt will be a bit delayed as my receiving ffl was at Shot, the store won't open until next Tuesday.

I’ve waited to find a good one, I can wait a bit longer lol.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts