1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
When I first stumbled upon this forum, I thought the name was somewhat of a comedic, tongue-in-cheek name, but now I realize that, no, it is a bona fide addiction and I now find myself concocting clever ways to hide money from my wife... I'm headed down a dark path myself! Lead the way, fellow addict!

Nice collection, by the way!

·
Registered
26 Posts
It really is an odd proclivity, the more I mull it over.

I can look at hundreds of other guns and think, "Meh." I have zero interest in doing something practical like, oh, I don't know, buying something other than 1911s.

It's as though the 1911 is a symbolic archetype encoded deep within the human psyche and thinking about, seeing, or handling one scratches an itch so profound that all else in the world seems bleak and unsatisfying.

Anybody talked to a shrink about this? 🤣

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
It really is an odd proclivity, the more I mull it over.

I can look at hundreds of other guns and think, "Meh." I have zero interest in doing something practical like, oh, I don't know, buying something other than 1911s.

It's as though the 1911 is a symbolic archetype encoded deep within the human psyche and thinking about, seeing, or handling one scratches an itch so profound that all else in the world seems bleak and unsatisfying.

Anybody talked to a shrink about this? 🤣
No; I’d say you have it sorted nicely! 👍👍

·
This we'll defend!
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
When I first stumbled upon this forum, I thought the name was somewhat of a comedic, tongue-in-cheek name, but now I realize that, no, it is a bona fide addiction and I now find myself concocting clever ways to hide money from my wife... I'm headed down a dark path myself! Lead the way, fellow addict!

Nice collection, by the way!
Welcome to the addiction. I was actually looking at another one before my last one arrived at my FFL. I stopped at my local dealer last weekend and they had a Nighthawk Custom Turnbull VIP in stock and I swear I was in a cold sweat trying to calculate what I could do to buy it that day. 😂

1 - 20 of 38 Posts