1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER
3,526 Posts
My brother gave me a box of reloaded .357 Magnum for my brand new 586 back in 1985. Was out "plinking" in Summerville SC to sort of get acquainted with the gun. He had accidentally dropped a double powder charge on one of the reloads that I came across. Pow/Pow/BLAMOOO!!!!. Decided I should perhaps investigate and opened the cylinder, gun looked fine, but it took a cleaning rod the retrieve the case from the cylinder. No damage to the gun at all and it shot perfectly following that. Lucky. Personally seen more bad stuff with polymer guns.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Think that’ll buff out?? 🤔

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
My brother gave me a box of reloaded .357 Magnum for my brand new 586 back in 1985. Was out "plinking" in Summerville SC to sort of get acquainted with the gun. He had accidentally dropped a double powder charge on one of the reloads that I came across. Pow/Pow/BLAMOOO!!!!. Decided I should perhaps investigate and opened the cylinder, gun looked fine, but it took a cleaning rod the retrieve the case from the cylinder. No damage to the gun at all and it shot perfectly following that. Lucky. Personally seen more bad stuff with polymer guns.
Reminds me of when i got some crazy hot 357 reloads from my Brother...:mad:. I probably got lucky.. but the empties were tough to push out.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Reminds me of when i got some crazy hot 357 reloads from my Brother...:mad:. I probably got lucky.. but the empties were tough to push out.

That could have been bad. That is one nice looking Ruger. Really like the shorter barrel. I’m used to seeing most SA Rugers with long barrels.

I’ve had three Ruger revolvers. I sold them all and my only Ruger pistol is a LCP

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
That could have been bad. That is one nice looking Ruger. Really like the shorter barrel. I’m used to seeing most SA Rugers with long barrels.

I’ve had three Ruger revolvers. I sold them all and my only Ruger pistol is a LCP
I have a few Rugers.. That one is my favorite. I have an LCP ll that i carry alot in the summer.. It's a great little gun.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Re-examining that frame I wonder if that was intentional.

Would one over-charged round cause powder burn build-up all over that frame? My guess is that was multiple over-charged rounds intending to kaboom the poor Ruger. Mission accomplished

1 - 20 of 54 Posts