1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Pachmayr Combat Special years ago. I would like to know more about guns build by Wetstein that are marked AUTO SHOP. The one I am looking at is build on a 1980 full size series 70 .45 Colt. But it seems a bit different than the one that was for sale on this forum. Main differences are : real beavertail , single finger grove , one piece mag well, regular thumb safety, black carbon fiber trigger, frame seems to have undercut bellow trigger guard Gun is 99% +.

·
Banned
2,688 Posts
Looks like an old Safari Arms frame.

·
Banned
2,688 Posts
Interesting.
Must of welded up frame and fabricated the finger grip.
That was an 80’s “thing” from memory.

·
ISO The Very Best 1911's
1,389 Posts
That gun has some modifications done after the fact like the S&A magwell, ed brown beavertail and STI trigger...these were all parts not used when Craig was building guns... (1982-86)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That gun has some modifications done after the fact like the S&A magwell, ed brown beavertail and STI trigger...these were all parts not used when Craig was building guns... (1982-86)
I see. Thank You. Were those guns ( Auto Shop like mine ) all build the same way ? Or were there variations as far as the options go ? For example my gun has rear of the slide serrated, the gun that earier sold in this forum does not. My gun has square trigger guard ( just like the actual Pachmayr Combat Special had that I used to own ) and the one I saw here does not. I just have not seen enough of Auto Shop guns around.

·
ISO The Very Best 1911's
1,389 Posts
I see. Thank You. Were those guns ( Auto Shop like mine ) all build the same way ? Or were there variations as far as the options go ? For example my gun has rear of the slide serrated, the gun that earier sold in this forum does not. My gun has square trigger guard ( just like the actual Pachmayr Combat Special had that I used to own ) and the one I saw here does not. I just have not seen enough of Auto Shop guns around.
He was a true custom shop so the guns varied a bit but from what I have seen most of his guns followed the Pachmayr theme.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The one I got ( in the photo ). Had trigger changed and beavertail grip safery installed. The one piece magwell I was told was already there. Gun looks like it did not see any use. Super accurate out to 50 yards. Reminds me of my original PCS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts