Colt Wetstein build Colts

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by BigAll, Apr 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. BigAll

BigAll New Member

Nov 6, 2017
    I had a Pachmayr Combat Special years ago. I would like to know more about guns build by Wetstein that are marked AUTO SHOP. The one I am looking at is build on a 1980 full size series 70 .45 Colt. But it seems a bit different than the one that was for sale on this forum. Main differences are : real beavertail , single finger grove , one piece mag well, regular thumb safety, black carbon fiber trigger, frame seems to have undercut bellow trigger guard Gun is 99% +.

2. Wilsoncombatrep

Wilsoncombatrep Active Member

Oct 16, 2011

3. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
    Looks like an old Safari Arms frame.

4. BigAll

BigAll New Member

Nov 6, 2017
    Colt series 70 . Made in 1980

5. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
    Interesting.
    Must of welded up frame and fabricated the finger grip.
    That was an 80’s “thing” from memory.

6. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    Ditto . . . .

Uselesswithoutpics.jpg

Bud White and leadfarmer like this.
  7. Whiskey Sour

Whiskey Sour Blossoming Addict

Apr 13, 2017
  8. BigAll

BigAll New Member

Nov 6, 2017
    Here is a pic. Any information about these guns is appreciated. Specifically things like their accuracy requirements.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    WhoIsJohnGalt? likes this.
  9. bladeandbarrel

bladeandbarrel ISO The Very Best 1911's Supporting Addict

Apr 6, 2019
    That gun has some modifications done after the fact like the S&A magwell, ed brown beavertail and STI trigger...these were all parts not used when Craig was building guns... (1982-86)

10. BigAll

BigAll New Member

Nov 6, 2017
    I see. Thank You. Were those guns ( Auto Shop like mine ) all build the same way ? Or were there variations as far as the options go ? For example my gun has rear of the slide serrated, the gun that earier sold in this forum does not. My gun has square trigger guard ( just like the actual Pachmayr Combat Special had that I used to own ) and the one I saw here does not. I just have not seen enough of Auto Shop guns around.

11. bladeandbarrel

bladeandbarrel ISO The Very Best 1911's Supporting Addict

Apr 6, 2019
    He was a true custom shop so the guns varied a bit but from what I have seen most of his guns followed the Pachmayr theme.

12. BigAll

BigAll New Member

Nov 6, 2017
    The one I got ( in the photo ). Had trigger changed and beavertail grip safery installed. The one piece magwell I was told was already there. Gun looks like it did not see any use. Super accurate out to 50 yards. Reminds me of my original PCS.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted