1 - 20 of 246 Posts

·
We Are!
2,934 Posts
I’ll sling a pic of mine out shortly!

·
We Are!
2,934 Posts
@Lineman1982 thank you. It’s worked well for me for a while now. Sometimes my 642 is a “stand-alone” gun, other times it’s carried as a back-up to something bigger.

The Tuff Products Quickstrips have really been a winner for me.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
I hope I never need it.
It has sent over 3,000 rounds downrange and spent about 24,000 hours on my hip. Even so, there are many times I realize it's not there. If I ever need it, I hope it's there. If I need it, and it is there, 5 will have to be enough.

I don't practice fast drawing, drawing from concealment or speed reloading . I practice having a gun whenever possible. And, in that regard, I know I'm better prepared than the vast majority of people who could be carrying.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I hope I never need it.
It has sent over 3,000 rounds downrange and spent about 24,000 hours on my hip. Even so, there are many times I realize it's not there. If I ever need it, I hope it's there. If I need it, and it is there, 5 will have to be enough.

I don't practice fast drawing, drawing from concealment or speed reloading . I practice having a gun whenever possible. And, in that regard, I know I'm better prepared than the vast majority of people who could be carrying.

Very nice.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Just took off this: custom .44 Special, built from a Model 28, with 3" barrel. Line bored and extremely accurate. Wearing a set of Deacon's grips and carried in a Gould and Goodrich semi-shoulder holster. Backed by two Tuff Strips holding 250 grain Keith SWC's over 7.5 grains Unique. Skeeters load an no need to change.
20190522_220938.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Strips are the way for pocket carry. One of my j frames has boot grips and a speedloader won't approximate to the cylinder anyway. But I carry a 442 with Speer Gold Dots...almost every day, especially in summer.
Appreciate the info. Don’t think I would carry a speedloader. The strips look like the way to go. I will have to check out the Speer Gold Dots. I also got this for summer carry in Texas.

1 - 20 of 246 Posts