1911 Firearm Addicts banner
261 - 280 of 308 Posts

·
We Are!
3,625 Posts
Now, of late, I’ve taken a liking to carrying this 3-1/2” S&W 27-2. Shown with a Barranti Leather CCR OWB holster and a brace of Barranti Triple Deuce ammo carriers. And a nifty little fixed-blade knife and horizontal sheath from Kistner Knives.

I recently did a little surfing online about N-frame defensive carry and the consistent consensual consensus on the topic seemed to be along the lines of: “No, that’s too big / heavy / impractical for concealed carry.”

None of which same as a surprise and to which I can only smile and think: “Okay” in silent response haha.

Make no mistake about it - this gun IS bigger and heavier than a lot of other very fine concealed-carry choices. Impractical? Maybe, depending on one’s desires / interests / skill-level / risk-level / etc. As we here on this Forum know all-too-well, many “out there” think our treasured 1911s are impractical (and too big and too heavy), too.

The standard caveat applies, as always: “To each their own.” :)
Photograph Green Air gun Trigger Everyday carry

Revolver Red Knife Everyday carry Tool

Brown Photograph White Green Rectangle

Brown Fashion Sleeve Tartan Red

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
I like shooting revolvers a lot, but realistically need more time or a training class before I would carry one every day. The panic has made shooting .38/.357 an outrageously expensive option. I have a few revolvers, but I carry this N frame 627PC in a Galco combat master holster once in a while. I did an action job on it and tuned the springs to where it is supremely smooth and nice to shoot, I'd like to get a rough country rear sight for it and have the cylinder fluted next.

·
born in the wrong century
8,632 Posts
I have a LCR 38 and a SW 642. Both great revolvers. But I always have 3 guns with me. 642, 365, and 26. They just fit me.

You always have three guns with you ???

Just out of curiosity, you don’t ride around with one on the dash, too ?

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Trigger Revolver Wood Air gun Gun barrel

Wilson trigger tuning kit, will have a fiber front shortly. Really great carry piece. I found that trying to reload with the Speer Gold Dot was difficult on account of the bullet nose width, so I switched my carry rounds to Hornady, and have had much better reload consistency.

261 - 280 of 308 Posts