What’s Your Favorite Pants and Shorts??

Discussion in 'Gear Talk' started by Nalajr, Feb 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Nalajr

Nalajr Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Hey all.

I know this might be a strange question, but I’d like to get some suggestions.

I’m in Houston and boy it gets and stays HOT for about 6 months if the year. I am looking for some suggestions for some everyday pants and shorts that accommodate carrying a firearm comfortably. I like khaki colored or chino type pants. I also like the cargo pants and shorts.
    I wish I could fill my closet with the 5-11 pants and shorts or the Carhartt stuff, but every place I’ve checked they are over $50 a pair and the 5-11 cargo stuff goes up higher than that.

Of course I need to be able to go out to dinner and in other casual settings. I wear a size 38/30, so I don’t need BIG sizes any more!! Woohoo!

I’d like to get some nice, comfortable pants and shorts that aren’t really expensive. Are there any bargain priced clothes that are really nice?
    What do you all wear and like? Are there any casual pants and shorts that you all can recommend?

Thank you for your time and any help you can give me.

Larry

2. InstiGator

InstiGator Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Wrangler cargo shorts. They're comfortable and durable, and I don't think I've ever paid more than about $25 for a pair. I also wear Wrangler jeans. I'm not much for khakis, so I can't offer a lot of help there.

jimmy james, UBOATDOC and xerts1191 like this.
  3. Robert F. Ciancio Jr.

Robert F. Ciancio Jr. Si vis pacem, para bellum

Jun 25, 2014
    I like the Wrangler Ranger cargo pants. I also like the Dickie double front docker style pants.

For shorts, I have a variety of different types. I like cargos mostly. 5.11s.

UBOATDOC likes this.
  4. scottl

scottl Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2012
    I got some Tru Spec 24/7 pants that are pretty comfortable. I wear Liberty carpenter jeans daily to work. They are the thinner lighter weight denim and don't bind up in areas that we don't want bound up.

BenchMonkey likes this.
  5. gps man

gps man Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2015
    Check out LA Police Gear

Their brand of pants and shorts are affordable and durable.

simonp and BenchMonkey like this.
  6. pistolpete

pistolpete Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2016
    I buy Wrangler cargo pants, what ever cargo shorts that are on sale.

jimmy james and xerts1191 like this.
  7. cherokee2u

cherokee2u Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
  8. Just Terry

Just Terry Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018
    I buy whatever Goodwill has that fits me

blue steel 55 and xerts1191 like this.
  9. BigJimP

BigJimP Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Levi 550 relaxed fit ...is my go to daily pants ( 90% of the time). Dockers are ok if I need something a little dressier / Corbin slacks if I need to wear sport coat.

I think all the cargo shorts are about the same...LL Bean, Eddie Bauer....are both good for me.

10. Fight islam Now

Fight islam Now Active Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Levis contributes to gun control. Do not do business with Levis

11. Tactical Rico

Tactical Rico Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2016
    Wrangler jeans........new ones are for formal wear, broke in ones for everyday. Don't do shorts !
    TR

12. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    Whatever the bride buys for me...

* Summertime / weekends- shorts.
    * Wintertime / work - Dockers or Wranglers.
    LW Commander or LW Government model works well for all occasions in a Milt Sparks Criterion.

13. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    I only wear boxers or cargo shorts!

xerts1191 likes this.
  14. El Perdido

El Perdido Fictional Western Sage

Oct 3, 2011
    Propper 100% cotton BDU's

All year long

simonp and FredZ like this.
  15. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    Well, I aint no expert on pants or trousers and since Levis stopped making 501s in their signature denim and threw out their original patterns in the early 2000s it's tough to find tough pants without spending money. As an aside I don't really care where they fall in the gun debate. I chased plenty of women that weren't crazy about guns.

I also sense the trend this thread is following, we got a forum full of guys who don't mind spending thousands of dollars on a hand gun they might use once a week but they go to Goodwill to buy something they wear everyday. That must be some kind of southern hemisphere economy working there, cause my Mother brought us up to try to look good even if no one was looking. She also insisted in us wearing clean underwear everyday in case you got in an accident and you had to go to the doctor you wouldn't embarrass the family. She would have hit us with her wooden spoon if she found us in a Goodwill store.

For winter in Houston and on southern hemisphere economics of frugality espoused here let me suggest pleasant inexpensive trousers offered by WalMart under the "George" label, 100% cotton, wash in cold and pretty durable. Last time I bought a pair they were $12 or $14. The British Tan looks smarter but the Grey slacks seem to hold up to wear and washings better. The knee to hem are not tapered and they seem cool enough to wear in southern Nevada 7 - 8 months a year. The front pocket arrangement easily conceals a Smith & Wesson J Frame or Glock 43 with pinky thing on the end of the magazine. These pants, being all cotton and patterned out right feel good.

16. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
  17. Ingramite

Ingramite On The Lost Highway

Sep 16, 2018
    Duluth Trading Company fire hose cargo pants and shorts.

Fire hose Flex are lighter weight for warmer temperatures.

These are expensive but dang near indestructible.

I wear dead man's pants that I buy from Ebay sellers. It's taken me a few years of bargains but they are all I wear now.

You'll quickly notice they have massive belt loops and deep pockets. The right front pocket also has a muzzle pouch in the bottom.

Worth every dollar you invest in them.

18. Karsten

Karsten Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Duluth Trading Work Pants and Cargo shorts.......Rugged, comfortable and when you wear them out you send them back for a replacement.

I lived in Houston for a year and these would have been great there.

Karsten

UBOATDOC, Ingramite and BenchMonkey like this.
  19. azpoolguy

azpoolguy Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Old Navy Cargo Shorts and pants. The pants can be had for $19.99 on sale and shorts for $15.99.

86D6C18E-9C29-4B24-AD4A-5ECC32D391E6.jpeg

xerts1191 likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted