What about the Kahr CW 45?

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by Mike A, Jan 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 19, 2017
    Still looking for a compact 45 acp with a good track record.
    Kahr Firearms a real unknown company to me. They seem to have
    good reviews & one hell of a good price.

In fact I saw the price difference between a Glock 36 & the Kahr CW 45,
    & I was sure the Kahr was Junk! But the more I searched the more it seemed
    that the Kahr just might be a good Pistol.

So here we are again with the question. What do you all think of the Kahr CW 45?
    I have seen U tube videos that pitted the Glock against the Kahr & the long time Glock owner liked the Kahr better. Well that's interesting, so what is the truth?
    That is why I am asking you.

Thank You all.
    Mike

2. stlgecko

stlgecko Gecko Lives Matter

May 24, 2014
    Recoil would be a beast. My PM9 hurts after a few mags. Kahr makes a solid pistol though.

Mike A likes this.

3. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    I have a CW 40 and it is a pleasure to shoot. Goes bang every time the trigger is squeezed. Fits in any 1911 officers holster perfectly. Got mine as the last one at Kentucky Gun Co. for $250. Couldn't pass it up.

Mike A and joerockhead like this.
  4. stlgecko

stlgecko Gecko Lives Matter

May 24, 2014
    I thought you meant the smaller version, the CW will have a bigger/longer grip so it may not be uncomfortable. The shorter guns (CM, PM) have small grips and the recoil really hits the palm hard.

Mike A and limbkiller like this.
  5. Cop_Out

Cop_Out Pearl Pimp Supporting Addict

Feb 3, 2017
    I didn't have good luck with a Kahr I purchased a couple of years ago. It was a .380 sub-compact, but it scared me off the brand.

Mike A likes this.
  6. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    I was always a fan of the all steal Kahr K9 (9mm). Although I never purchased one, they seem to be exceptional pistols. Call me old fashioned, but I prefer steal over plastic...

Mike A likes this.
  7. MarkBailey

MarkBailey New Member

Jan 1, 2019
    I have one, and at least in mine, I have experienced no problems. I’ve shot quite a lot of varying ammo through it with no issues. I even shot some 200 gr. SWC reloaded stuff through it and it functioned flawlessly. I really like the little gun. It is great for situations where you can't carry anything full size comfortably. I find it quite comfortable to shoot. I've had 100% reliability with mine.

Mike A, 41 Charlie and limbkiller like this.
  8. gun_fan111

gun_fan111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2014
    380 was the only Kahr for me that actually required break-in. Had few hick-ups until 200 rounds and has been running well since.

Mike A likes this.
  9. Jim PHL

Jim PHL Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Many years ago my first carry gun was a S&W 640-1 (first gen “J-magnum”). When I decided I had to have an auto for carry I chose a K40. It got sold when I got bit by the 1911 bug but it was always a solid gun. Slim, smooth, accurate and 100% reliable. I’m still mainly interested in 1911’s but if I were to stray from this platform I’d certainly consider another Kahr.

Mike A and limbkiller like this.
  10. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 19, 2017
    Well I must say this is much better than the love/Hate
    replies I got on the Glock 36 so far.
    I do read much better reviews on this pistol.

11. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    I can't comment on the kahr the only compact 45 I've ever had is the Springfield XDS. 3.3

12. Whiten

Whiten Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2017
    I have a SW Shield 45 that I pocket carry a lot. Its has a good trigger and aggressive grip texture. I have the model with the safety. Its 6+1 with flat mag and have a 7rd back up mag. My 12yr old son shoots it a lot so the recoil isn't to bad. I paid 350 then added ameriglo sights so I'm into just over 400.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted