1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
chicken wings
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heavy idiot scratch, any type of painted on finish (non factory) is a no go for me. Mods would be ok if they were done by a well known ‘smith.
I hate (with any gun) when someone tries to sell their projects. I am the same with buying used sports cars. Don’t sell me your half assed project. Your dumbass G19 with curling iron stippling is not worth $650.

·
Banned
821 Posts
I hate (with any gun) when someone tries to sell their projects. I am the same with buying used sports cars. Don’t sell me your half assed project. Your dumbass G19 with curling iron stippling is not worth $650.
You'd love CA Armslist, where people sell their home stippled gen 4 Glocks for $1200+.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Stainless S&W revolvers that have been polished-NO!!!!! I prefer to buy guns in original condition though improved sights-generally night version-are good. Other things for 1911s such as the thumb safety or mainspring housing swaps are cool if everything is good to go. Checkering can be a good addition if done properly.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,798 Posts
My biggest non-negotiable is to never post in newbie threads . . . .

Dammit. I went and negotiated my non-negotiable again . . . . . . :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Poorly done sight, what the last guy did, changes.
Found a real nice old Colt with the exception of a half milled in Millet sight.
Just deep enough that it couldn't be fixed by re milling it for a Bomar or LPA sight.
That was a no go for sure for me.

Reactions: fallenangelhim

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
I don't do modified except by my Smith or one I know and can verify the work done. For example, used customs only issue is some Smiths are not active or have passed.

Reactions: simonp and FWoo45
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.