1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 237 Posts

· Premium Member
WC sentinel, NH Thunder ranch, DW Valor , EB KC9,NH Counselor
4,362 Posts
Dan Wesson ECP , steel challenge match
Had some good stages but had two bad ones that killed my overall time
The Dan Wesson’s just run any ammo never a problem and they are damn accurate
I have a silverback 9mm new in box on the way that I found NOS in RI that will be my new steel challenge gun can’t wait !
damn that is a nice group !

· Premium Member
4,362 Posts
DW Silverback 9mm 14 yards unsupported
I think if I tweak the sight so it prints a smidge higher it will be pretty good probably the softest shooting gun I have fired thus far

· Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Today I shot my Silverback, valor 9mm commander with bull barrel and Ed Brown Kc9
Buddy at the range had this DW with him - 357 supermag , I have never seen this caliber before a 357 mag on steroids very cool gun bluing was beautiful . He had a Colt snake gun with him (70s not newer one) and we compared the bluing - Colt a smidge nicer but both wheelguns were awesome ! I also fired a ruger stainless 45 acp - shot an amazing group (for me ) with the handloaded semi wadcutters he had and started to shoot another one hole group when I began to jerk the trigger low left , first two shots were one hole then group opened up to two inches 😒 still pretty happy for the first time I ever shot the Ruger and I was impressed with its potential given the price .

· Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Initial impressions :
Accurate (more so than I am )
Very little felt recoil as to be expected from a steel frame pistol
Eagle claw frame cuts and slide cuts are actually awesome wasn’t sure if I would like them but after handling them I do indeed like em
Previous owner changed the grips out to the olive ones on it now - I like a thumb scoop an since the pistol already has the extended mag release reloads are easy . I paid around $2k it came with four Wilson mags two sets of grips and a bunch of other small things. For that price it is a home run . I ordered a commander in full stainless and paid $3k for it with tax and shipping and I am now pleased. It won’t be here for a while . The gun ran flawlessly . I just need to gets used to where it prints and we will be getting along nicely . Trigger was nice and all components oozed quality - fitment of grip safety etc
Has smaller controls as it is a compact geared toward carry but other than that it is a home run
Well done Wilson ! This thing ate everything I threw at it .
I think I might like it as much as my sentinel compact . Perhaps will try CCP division in IDPA next year with it .
I think I am going to go order a full size in 9mm right now so I can have the trio !

· Premium Member
4,362 Posts
1 - 20 of 237 Posts