1911 Firearm Addicts banner

2041 - 2060 of 2065 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
12 eight rnd mags thru the ACW CC and 11 mags thru the P225A-1. All flawless. Only problem was the SUPER HOT BRASS that bounced off the partition and somehow wedged itself behind my safety glasses. It was shockingly painful. I will ALWAYS wear a ball cap from now on. I don’t think anyone heard me scream the curse words that came out of my mouth.
Buddy, I have had that happen with my customary ball cap on. More than once!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Two Springfield, BEC Shield , ACW Prime

60CF6814-104C-4949-B9D3-37F20B211239.jpeg

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
This Baer shoots way low for me and I just can't get a feel for it. Maybe I'll look for a shorter front sight or put it on the block.
View attachment 682739 View attachment 682740
May I suggest an arched mainspring housing? After a decade and a half of shooting Glocks....my 1911's were shooting a bit low too. I installed an arched mainspring housing, and VOILA! It raised POA/POI and felt more akin to my Glocks (dare I say, LOL). Give it a shot...pretty inexpensive trial....if it doesn't feel right or work....yes, a shorter front sight may be in order....

Or just sell it to me!!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
This is the only one I have that shoots this way, even rested it is 4-5" low at 35'. I'm covering the black with the front blade noticeably above the rear sight plane. I haven't been able to warm up to this one so you may find it in the classifieds.

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
This is the only one I have that shoots this way, even rested it is 4-5" low at 35'. I'm covering the black with the front blade noticeably above the rear sight plane. I haven't been able to warm up to this one so you may find it in the classifieds.
Hmmm....maybe it's set up for a 6 o'clock hold? Try benching it and placing the black bullseye right at the top of the front sight ("pumpkin on post" sight picture) and see where it hits....if still low....then front sight definitely should be swapped out...

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Uncle Les told me his sights are set for a 6 o'clock hold. If I hold at the bottom of the black the POI is at the bottom ring. If I put the front blade above the rear sight it brings it up to/close to the black circle. I think sights are off for this particular fit of the pistol.

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
Uncle Les told me his sights are set for a 6 o'clock hold. If I hold at the bottom of the black the POI is at the bottom ring. If I put the front blade above the rear sight it brings it up to/close to the black circle. I think sights are off for this particular fit of the pistol.
Yup....sounds like it....a shorter front sight should fix it....measure the front sight height to see where you are and then determine from there. Dawson Precision's website has a pretty handy front sight height calculator based on a known distance of shooting. Just plug in the numbers and it'll tell you what height front sight should work.....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Put some rounds through the MkIV, the RRA Poly and the Kimber Stainless Target II in 9mm. All three guns are stone cold reliable and accurate to a fault.

Mostly using the Kimber for testing some handloads. I was trying to find the best OAL for the handload I am using currently, which is 4.6gr of Power Pistol and a 147gr SNS bullet seated to 1.110.

It's shorter than I'd have thought, and surprising to me because the federal 147gr AE which all my 9mms shoot exceptionally, is about 1.130. Maybe because power pistol burns fairly quickly...

Anyways, mission accomplished I believe. This gun was nowhere near this accurate for a while until I got a new Kart bushing installed. This target was fired when I found the correct OAL node, and was fired offhand at 20 yards.
IMG_20210106_193242775.jpg
IMG_20210106_163730542.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Supposed to be 43 today, it was upper 30s with wind chill taking it down 3 or 4 degrees. No gloves, hadn't dressed warm enough because it was warmer at my place.

26 double taps (the old competition type), 15 yards (I was lazy) and called it a day. Hands were to darn cold and so was the rest of me. Thank God for car heaters and not shooting long enough for the engine to cool off! :)

Why? Lousy mood and beating up a target cures that, and wanted to try some new Norma ammo out of the ROC. Not my best.... looking forward to warmer weather! ;) At my age I get to gripe about the cold.

20210107_153344.jpg

·
TANSTAAFL
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,055
Started to break in my new SW Victory. And zeroed in my new reflex sight. Past ones i had trouble seeing. In the bright light of the day. The new one i can see well.
How do you like the Victory? The grip looks more angled than a 22/45 but less than a Ruger Standard, does that seem about right?

What sight did you go with?

I had an early production NEOS, should have kept it. Or rather the replacement after Beretta replaced the first one due to a faulty frame but I let my money get mad and traded it off without firing it. And the carbine conversion always looked cool...

·
Registered
547 Posts
Took my new GCNM (1 of 4) out for the first time. It was an nos piece since 1992. I couldn't wait to get it dirty. No safe queens for me. I ran a box of 50 Speer 185gr through it and it had zero hiccups, hit the target ok too, I'll site it in better once I run some more ammo through it.
20210107_140731.jpg
20210107_143141.jpg
20210107_151552.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
...Terminal Addict
1,000 Posts
Spent a chilly Sunday Gunday morning with the Vickers Master Class testing some new Black polymer coated rounds... (brought along some Federal just in case)
A local guy has been selling these, and I thought I would try them out... so far, so good... nice tight groups, and a smooth roll

IMG_5628 sq.jpg

E7AAF7C4-D3B8-4C48-86CF-3C00C7EDA36E.jpg

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,586 Posts
Shot another unwanted rooster with a snubby .38 and fed him to the pigs. That makes 8 or 9 roosters out of 25 birds I bought from a guy that said they were all pullets. That's what I get for trying to help him out.

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,480 Posts
My Kidd heavy barrel 22, in a Tony Mele Stock

fullsizeoutput_1730.jpeg

Best target of the day was 0.13" center to center at 50 yards for 5 shots. For some reason I ptched that target. Here was second best at 0.16". After I dialed in the takedown screw torque, my last 5 groups were under 0.19".

Kidd target.jpg

This thing appears to be able to keep up with my Sako P94S.

For those interested in 22, I believe Tony Kidd makes the best trigger I ever fired. This one is a two stage. 3 oz for the first stage, 3 oz for the second stage.

WIth the shortage of centerfire ammo, I'm cutting into my 22s to keep busy. I forgot how much fun they are.

2041 - 2060 of 2065 Posts