292329 Views 4594 Replies 524 Participants Last post by  Fatbob Frank
To be fair, these were from yesterday:

Rock Island GI .45
RIA GI .45 by awp101, on Flickr

Ruger SR1911 Commander size
SR1911 CDR by awp101, on Flickr

S&W Model 57
IMG_0844 by awp101, on Flickr

Ruger target, 50rds at 7yds. The low shots were the first ones. The rest were after I made my self slow down and focus
SR1911 CDR 7yds 230g 50rds by awp101, on Flickr

Model 57 target, 12 rds at 7yds. My first go 'round with the .41 Magnum and I can certainly see the attraction
Mod57 7yds 185g Hornady 12rds by awp101, on Flickr

Let's see who else has been burning powder recently!
See less See more
Reactions: 5
201 - 220 of 4595 Posts
I think your doing pretty good for an old dog from a old dog myself..
Reactions: 3
I used to be a good shot. Now have carpal tunnel syndrome in right hand that causes my hand to shake. Had elbow surgery on left elbow 2 years ago. I was lucky to hit the side of a barn. Now with practice I'm getting better. This is a 20 yard target. My target on the left

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
See less See more
Reactions: 5
I don't have any of those challenges and would be happy to match that at 20 yards.
Reactions: 2
I was real pleased with the accomplishment

Reactions: 1
Took out a Sig 1911 Ultra and GI CCO for a little practice. Quick draw out of a Warbird OWB snapped to a Bigfoot belt. Long shirt tail. Fifteen yards. Drawing and shooting as quickly as possible, not taking time to perfect the sight picture. Just trying to stay focused on the front sight.

Obviously I need more consistent practice.
View attachment 80306

The Guncrafter is such a joy to shoot. Incredibly smooth. Great balance. If I had the money, I would put a lot more rounds downrange with the GI.
Dry fire practice has helped me a lot.

It was a beautiful sunny day out in the desert today. I took one old Colt Govt. and 2 modern ones plus a CZ P-07.

The CZ is a hell of a shooter. Anyone looking for a Glock 19 sized 9mm really ought to put some rounds through one of these. I like them so much I have 2 now :happy:.

The old Colt proves 2/3rds of Cooper's maxim that the only things a 1911 needs are sights you can see (King Tappen) a trigger you can manage (Harrison and C&S parts help here) and a dehorn job. I can't bring myself to dehorn this one, it's too pretty.
You don't know? One gun from jmtgsx's collection. Don't tell anyone though.
Way to go Moo U! 18 years since they last beat OU, great victory for the Cyclones!
My chances of winning. :p:p
Model 25 S&W 45 LC., Sig P220 45acp . Big bore Saturday .
Dry fire practice has helped me a lot.

When I switched from a High Power to a series 70, Mike Harries the SoCal Practical shooting mentor. He taught me to and boy did I dry fire a lot and daily until I got comfortable and started shooting and then competing. Harries was also a Gunsite instructor.

Dry firing really does help and after an accident when I didn't touch a sidearms for years, it started coming back quickly due to muscle memory helped a lot by dry firing. You can do it to a 1911 all day long and at worst you either clean up a penned firing pin or replace it. Current commercial ones stand up to it better.
A snap cap or dummy round will let you dry fire without any damage to the gun.
I spent all day Sunday in a class so I took my S80 Colt Commander worked over by Chuck Rogers. 600 flawless & Fun rounds down range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Went out again today.
Shot my 6" S&W 686 with a partridge front sight.
Shot 50 38 specials and six 357 magnums out of it.
Then I shot my stainless steel Colt 1911 9mm. Shot forty rounds out of it.
Thirdly I took my carry pistol out and shot thirty rounds of 9mm
in my Ruger LC9 S PRO..
I call this a good day..
Another Rock Island/PSA build project, this one in .45:

We were informed 30SEP that Probable Future Daughter in Law has officially been placed in Future Daughter in Law status and will attain full fledged Daughter in Law status in November. Saturday I put this together on my second PSA/Dasan frame. This will be the wedding gift for my son from myself and his older brother. I took it out Sunday for a function check/range test. Put a box of Blazer brass through it and it did a good job working over the CAS target on the 20yd line at the range. Pulled it apart this evening to start the tweaking and cleaning up the cosmetics. Trigger sides will be buffed and polished and I need to address a sticking slide stop.

Before the wedding news, I was thinking about building the second frame as a 9mm. With the second frame going to the .45 build, I figured that was a good excuse to pick up a 9mm barrel and fit it to the .38 Super project. That happened Saturday as well and it made the range trip Sunday. Wow, what a fun shooter!

Finally got good pics of the SR1911 CMD with the SK Grips aged buffalo bone

The odd man out was the G19 with AA .22 conversion kit I picked up recently. Another fun shooter!
See less See more
Took the Ruger SRH Alaskan out for a spin, .480 Ruger.

Then shot one of the GI CCO's. Felt like shooting a .22 after the .480. Pure joy shooting the GI. Smooth.

CHL class was going on. Seems that in most classes there are a couple of folks who think a CHL class is a first time user course.

Moved over onto steel once the class showed up. Target was a mini-silhouette, maybe 10" wide and 16-18" tall. Can't miss at 15 yards. Or so I though until a couple of tacti-cool guys showed up. Blam, Blam, Blam, Blam, ping. Okay... One had a S&W 9 that was a jam-o-matic.

I don't normally shoot steel. Like to know where I am hitting instead.

One fellow was out with a Sig 1911. He was very pleased with it, and has several.

Weather was not too hot. Another good day to be at the range.
See less See more
Put some more rounds through my .450 Bushmaster this weekend and shot steel plates with my Delta Elite.
I'm starting to like that gun more every time I break it out...
My friend and I went shooting today. We shot riflrs.
Nature Vegetation Grass Natural environment Natural landscape
Iron Shooting Air gun Machine gun Metal
See less See more
We have a nice county range. We were on rifle only range. There's a pistol range skeet trap range. All for $45 a year.

Nice range Jim....
201 - 220 of 4595 Posts