1911 Firearm Addicts banner

2261 - 2280 of 2305 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,446 Posts
DW Guardians (y)(y)(y) .... luv em.

Reactions: sawman556

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,915 Posts
This morning I shot this woodchuck in my back yard. 17yds offhand with my Tussey Norinco 1911, 230gr FMJ. They all fall to ball. 😁

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Ran my EDC pistol: Wilson X-Tac with Ryan Wilson high cut grip. Only 100 rounds today because of ammo prices.

20210427_181026.jpg

I haven't done any live fire drills in over a month. I was afraid to see how badly my skills had atrophied. Turns out dry fire practice did a pretty good job of keeping me reasonably proficient.

I spent more time than usual on head shots. The drill was simple: draw, put one well placed shot in the head box, reholster. It doesn't eat up a lot of ammo, and you still get to practice a lot of the fundamentals.

·
Registered
Bitter Clinger
598 Posts
Took these three 9mm pistols to the indoor range at noon

• DW ECP
  • Sig P365x
  • Colt MKIV Series 70 Gov't

Used Fiocchi 115gr and shot at approx 7-10 yds.

Observations

Wow.. The muzzle blast/fireball out of that 3.1" Sig barrel was surprising! However, it sure can shoot straight and I have the dot sight dialed in. Shot one handed and two handed... with both eyes open. Love it. Will add this to my carry rotation after I make sure if cycles SD rounds. Mags are so stiff I couldn't get them fully loaded even with my uplula

The DW is everything I hoped for... I can see the bright orange ring (around the front night sight) easily and it will likely become the 1911 I'll carry the most. (Again... Only after I run some SD rds to ensure reliability). I'm very happy with it... The trigger, reset and overall performance of the gun plus great ergos make this one of my favorites already.

The older Colt (circa 1970-71) was every bit as accurate as its two partners today.

·
Registered
790 Posts
WWI GEWR 88. I threw a magazine down range to make sure it fired for the Kentucky shoot. I will let folks rock a war gun that was in both WWs and in the Turkey Army. Till the ammo runs out.
Resized_123_1.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Took these three 9mm pistols to the indoor range at noon

• DW ECP
  • Sig P365x
  • Colt MKIV Series 70 Gov't

Used Fiocchi 115gr and shot at approx 7-10 yds.

Observations

Wow.. The muzzle blast/fireball out of that 3.1" Sig barrel was surprising! However, it sure can shoot straight and I have the dot sight dialed in. Shot one handed and two handed... with both eyes open. Love it. Will add this to my carry rotation after I make sure if cycles SD rounds. Mags are so stiff I couldn't get them fully loaded even with my uplula

The DW is everything I hoped for... I can see the bright orange ring (around the front night sight) easily and it will likely become the 1911 I'll carry the most. (Again... Only after I run some SD rds to ensure reliability). I'm very happy with it... The trigger, reset and overall performance of the gun plus great ergos make this one of my favorites already.

The older Colt (circa 1970-71) was every bit as accurate as its two partners today.

View attachment 740758
View attachment 740759

Fiocchi 115s are very snappy. Forgot about using them and switched from those 147 Speer rejects to Fiocchi 115s. Surprise surprise! ;)

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Ran my EDC pistol: Wilson X-Tac with Ryan Wilson high cut grip. Only 100 rounds today because of ammo prices.

View attachment 740739

I haven't done any live fire drills in over a month. I was afraid to see how badly my skills had atrophied. Turns out dry fire practice did a pretty good job of keeping me reasonably proficient.

I spent more time than usual on head shots. The drill was simple: draw, put one well placed shot in the head box, reholster. It doesn't eat up a lot of ammo, and you still get to practice a lot of the fundamentals.
Look into a strikeman laser trainer. I use mine a couple days a week on draw and shot neet stupid little thing. 0 ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2261 - 2280 of 2305 Posts