1911 Firearm Addicts banner

2281 - 2300 of 2305 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,446 Posts
Took a couple WCs to the range this morning. One being the X9L, which has been sitting in the dark for a while. Ya know, every time I shoot that thing I fall in love with it all over again.
The other gun is the CQB 9mm I got from @Merton a short while ago. It has been going through the duel caliber conversion. I got the barrel back from @Serpico1985 a couple days ago. He did some final machining to it that I don't have the capability to do. Soooooo... today was functional test day!
I ran 3 mags of my FMJ reloads through it. The last was rapid fire to see its response (hence the increasing pattern on center mass) All went very well with feed & ejection. I then installed the orig. 9mm barrel and checked that my ejector and extractor tuning still worked with that caliber. (Upper left bullseye) Once again, no issues.
The head shots and upper right bullseye were the X9L with a mag each of FMJ & JHP....
All shots taken standing at 12 yds. (the guns are more accurate than this old guy)

The CQB worked so well that I dressed it up for the dance.
One item left to do to it.... Crown the .38 super barrel to match the factory 9mm.... another day perhaps.

IMG_4903.jpg
IMG_4906.jpg
IMG_4908.jpg
IMG_4909.jpg

@JM44 , @Mtek , @Dwe , @BCD 45

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,276 Posts
Well done my friend..
Both Guns being worthy of covetousness!

I do so miss my SS 38 superb CQB.
It’s been bouncing around here as of late... I think @BCD 45 has it now!
Well I guess it’s in good hands!
:cautious::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,446 Posts
I do so miss my SS 38 superb CQB.
It’s been bouncing around here as of late... I think @BCD 45 has it now!
Well I guess it’s in good hands!
:cautious::rolleyes:
I should have never let it go!!! I'd probably buy it back if I had the chance.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Ran 150 rounds through my new Staccato P DUO. I really like it, but this is my first 2011 and it’s a little bit bigger adjustment than I thought it would be, but I’m looking forward to the next time out. I took the magwell off, and I’m thinking about a different grip.
IMG_1509.jpg

IMG_1508.jpg

IMG_1506.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,446 Posts
Congrats....... for a couple of reasons!

Reactions: Mike0251

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
@zipper046
It's off hand at 35'.
got it....maybe bench rest it? then you'll be able to calculate the correct front sight height you'd need....I've had the same thing happen....until I benched it....LOL...was a bit humbling....LOL....

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I'm not the greatest shot but last time the Concept VIII shot low rested rested also. Now the Custom Carry shoots the SWC closer to my POA so I won't worry about the sight just yet. I will try some factory HB thru it first. The Concept VIII shot both almost the same at about 2.5" low @ 35'.

2281 - 2300 of 2305 Posts