1911 Firearm Addicts banner
3501 - 3519 of 3519 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,922 Posts
I ran some Aguila and PMC, which I think are "lighter" loads, with the original spring and it ran fine. Still tossing casings but I just moved the tarp! I worked the slide stop slightly and lock back was fine with McCormick mags. As you can see I'm still getting used to the trigger. Surprised it's that different from my Guardian. Not like it's bad or anything just different, maybe the long trigger vs. the shorter one on the Guardian.

·
...Terminal Addict
1,847 Posts
Well, since my open range has been shut down... I went back to the outdoor range I used to belong to a few years back.
My main issue with the range, was that it was all one line... pistol and rifle.
So, when a cold range was called, the pistol shooters had to sit and wait while the rifle shooters strolled out to set/check/retrieve their targets. Petty I know, but it was still an inconvenience..
I am happy to say that in my absence, they installed a barricade separating the pistol and rifle ranges. Yay!
While I will miss the solitude of having the range to myself to be able to practice how I wish, I will mostly miss the sound of ringing steel.
Might still pop out on occasion to the sliver of BLM land still left for shooting, but for now... this will do.
...and my apologizes to @DWdude ...Sorry, no more glamour rock shots!

Spent a little range time with the Shield Plus. This one is a pretty sweet shooter.
Cloud Sky Outdoor bench Wood Shade

Tableware Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory Auto part

Wood Tree Gun barrel Air gun Tints and shades

·
Registered
435 Posts
We went to Franklins in Athens Ga yesterday. My friend bought a Winchester side-by-side model 24, it was made in 1951. It is great shape for its age. we got lost and spent most of the day riding around through the back roads to find the range. We went to Wilson shoals outdoor range and blasted off some 45s and 9mm. Didn't get around to ripping the shotgun but we will next time. Still, a fun day hanging with my oldest friend.

·
...Terminal Addict
1,847 Posts
Spent a little over an hour this morning scouting out the Non-Restricted area of BLM land we will still be allowed to shoot on.
Finally found probably the only spot I would consider shooting at.
Which means, that once more people are forced to start shooting out there... it may not even be worth the trek
Will see, it is a nice spot and I generally get out there earlier than most (though not all).

Spent some more time bonding with the Shield Plus... quickly becoming a consideration for EDC.
Sky Mountain Plant Bedrock Natural landscape

Plant Automotive tire Asphalt Road surface Font

Sky Gun barrel Trigger Grass Gun accessory

·
...Terminal Addict
1,847 Posts
Now you just have to go back and unearth that showcase rock to take with you! lol Nah! This new one will do just fine.
Looks like a great scenic picture backdrop as you're looking downrange. Any chance of ricochet?
Unfortunately yes, there is always a chance of ricochet... but at least if it does happen, it will be contained to that space and not fly out over the back stop.

*Edit, I will only be shooting steel out there. If I want to punch some paper I will go to the gun range.

·
Premium Member
Wilson Sentinel compact, Ed Brown Kc9, Nighthawk T4
1,993 Posts
I can say that after completing Tim Herron’s 2 day class it is money well spent . The things that I learned this weekend will definitely make me a better competitor and more proficient overall. We had the full spectrum of experience in the class from seasoned master level competitors to novice level (me) and everyone learned quite a bit just wanted to let everyone know it was the best $500 I have spent on my shooting . I have been around firearms my whole life and shooting for 20 plus years but only recently dove into IDPA (last year) and steel etc and this is going to be a game changer for me . 👍

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Finally got to the range this morning. Took three guns that I’m hoping to work onto my carry permit. Kali is dumb but at least I get to carry. My first 300 rounds through the new KGB. 100 each through the BEC and Milks. All guns ran ball and defensive ammo. Some dumbass started trying to sight in his .338 with a brake, at 25y, indoors, right as I was loading mags for the Rogers/Milks. I hate people and need my own range.
Font Knife Metal Gun accessory Tool

3 dirty gats on the workbench.

3501 - 3519 of 3519 Posts