1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at portable cases. Secure-It and GunVault. Reviews aren't real favorable due to either battery location/life or the fact that they're very easy to pry open with a screwdriver. I found a Stack-On portable case ($60 at Cabela's). I know anything under $150 isn't all that great but I need something for the car and in the house for right now.

·
Schütze
2,678 Posts
I use one of the cheap Chinese safes for the FJ. The FJ has a almost completely clear area on the floor (where the under vehicle spare would normally go) so I set the safe where I could get to it, marked the holes, drilled completely through the deck and bolted it down with hardened bolts. It's handy for the off time that I need to disarm and can't be seen from the outside. At least if it ever get's jacked I can show the pop and the agent a busted safe.. Ron

·
Premium Member
26,488 Posts
I've got a Box like the one Carolinaboy has.
Would like something a bit better,......but it works for now

·
Schütze
2,678 Posts
May I ask how your safes are lined? I'd like to build one out of steel for giggles.
I just keep a gun rug in mine.. it's 10ga steel and the little box was a pain to line.. I just gave up.. BUT the gun rug (midway sip case) works great.. Ron

·
It WAS Quack
1,586 Posts
I have a Biometric Microvault Gunvault and absolutely love it.

http://www.gunvault.com/handgun-safes/microvault-biometric.html

I leave mine under my passenger seat, to secure my gun when I can't legally carry it. It's secured via a cable that wraps around the metal support of the seat. It has both the biometric (fingerprint) and a key entry, so if the battery goes dead, just use the key and replace the batteries. You can program a lot of fingerprints into it, if you need to. I REALLY like the biometric fingerprint reader because I have to bend over to get to the safe (while sitting in the driver seat), and it makes it so nice not having to tumble with keys.

It's very roomy as well, and has two foam layers (top and bottom). It should fit a full size 1911 and probably 2 additional mags. Overall I couldn't be happier with the product and would highly recommend it.

·
Don't need no education
1,865 Posts
Does it have a hole for a cable predrilled?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife and I both have one of the Gunvaults for our vehicles. We got the ones that use the combination lock instead of the key for ease of access and we use the same combination for each one. I know it's not the most secure but we are buying new vehicles in the next year so we didn't bother with anything permanent and expensive yet. When I get the new truck, I'll look for something more permanent like the console mounted safe.

Gress, they have a notch cut on one side to fit the cable through so you can latch around a seat post or something sturdy.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
stainless eye bolt + motorcycle cable with tumbler

20rnd mag fits better

God Bless Texas

1 - 14 of 14 Posts