close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What do you guys drive?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dgi, Oct 2, 2011.

1. dgi

dgi NRA Life Member Supporting Addict

Sep 10, 2011
    I saw the "do you do your own automotive work" thread and figured this was a good one too.

I have an '06 Expedition for the daily grind and a '00 Wrangler and '93 Mustang GT for the weekend and fun.

[​IMG]

Edit: Since others are posting past rides

2001 BMW 330ci
    1995 BMW M3
    2006 WRX Wagon
    2003 Silverado SS
    2006 Harley Night Rod Special

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  2. CanIhaveGasCash

CanIhaveGasCash Member

Sep 11, 2011
    I've had my fair share of fun cars, a 94 cobra and an 03 cobra among them. Now I drive an 08 Silverado 4x4 and a 2012 civic.

3. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    this was my daily driver and fun car - 2003 Subaru WRX...er 2.5RS (wink) sleeper.
    [​IMG]

recently it got traded in for a 2012 VW Golf 2.5
    [​IMG]

and I still get my speed thrills in with this - 2007 Suzuki GSX-R600
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Chris

Chris YOU ****!!!! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    Nothing cool... 08 civic.

1911wheelsnomore likes this.
  5. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Here's the two Hokie Family Trucksters. I also have a Civic that I drive to work daily.

[​IMG]

6. Carolinaboy

Carolinaboy Aim Small Miss Small Supporting Addict

Sep 17, 2011
    04' F150

Slightly modified

[​IMG]

7. awpk03s

awpk03s Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I drive a 2011 Toyota Tundra Doublecab. V8, 4x4, dual exhaust - I love it. After a lot of turnover in my automotive ownership, this one is here to stay.

I have owned some nice cars in the past, 2005 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner, loved that truck, it handled like a dream - but was for **** in snow.
    2004 Subaru WRX Wagon. Sigh... Really loved that car. Ran Cobb Stage 2 programing, 3" catless DP and exhaust, it was a lot of fun.
    2003 VW GTI 1.8T - super fun car. 1.8T with the 5 speed was great to drive.

The best however, 1993 Nissan pickup. Truck had major character, tried to kill me multiple times... so I cut it up with the jaws of life.

8. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Wife,......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Me,........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Earlsbud

Earlsbud Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 28, 2011
    Rear wheel drive Volvo's X 3. The newest model is a '92 940 Turbo that my son took to college.

10. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Honda CR-Z, great for a long commute to and from work.

Stock Photo:
    [​IMG]

11. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Nice! I had a CR-X Si back in the day that had to go bye-bye when my first little Hokie was born. Sort of needed a backseat all of a sudden. Switched to a Jetta at the time. I miss the CR-X. That was a fun little car to drive. I really dig the CR-Z.

12. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011

Yours sounds like a lot of fun.

My 03 was Cobb StreetTuner w/ custom tune by Tim Bailey for a Deadbolt 20G turbo, 800cc modified WRX injectors, Perrin fuel rails, fuel pump, bar-plate top mount intercooler, 3" DP and exhaust and completely catless. And it surprised a lot of V8s and turbo 4s and 6s.

13. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Can't wait to see what you do to the VW.

14. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    Current:
    01 Forester
    09 Legacy

08 Ducati Hypermotard

Past:
    69 MG Midget
    89 Dodge Shadow
    89 Acura Integra
    95 VW Jetta GLX
    96 Land Rover Discovery
    88 BMW 325i convertible
    01 Saab 9-3
    96 Range Rover
    04 WRX Wagon
    01 BMW X-5

99 Triumph Daytona

15. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I used to drive a Callaway and these, but it's been sitting in the garage for about 5 years....which ironically is when (the new) Mrs Hokie and I had our first kid.

[​IMG]

16. claire

claire Anger Management Graduate

Sep 22, 2011
    2003 Rubicon

claire

17. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Winky.jpg

A periwinkle "Members Only jacket"-hued '05 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT 5MT sedan - likely my last stick-shift until I can afford a true "fun car" (my old DSM that I still have in the garage? that doesn't really count: I meant something RWD and I can crash on a race-course, again :oops:).

Authentic Recaro content is reserved for the little girl: her ProBooster seat. :rofl2:

Yes, I'm a total Riceboy :grin: - I only use those lamps maybe, oh, twice a year? :der:

The wifey wants me to get a car with an automatic, this time around. I can't quite talk her into a Porsche Cayenne GTS or a Panamera Turbo. I'd love the new Caddy CTS-V SportWagon, but I don't think I can drive a RWD around all winter (despite my love of winter tires, I still want to actually get to the places I want to go: one of my favorite things is the winters here in NE-Ohio, with studded tires, I just mash the throttle and go :lol:; that picture above shows my car with my deep-winter wheels/tires on, I usually switch to "Performance Winters" in late October, and then to my studded deep-winter set in mid-late December or before the first anticipated big storm). I'll likely end up with a Subaru Outback 3.6R, maybe as soon as this winter.

I'm gonna miss heel-and-toe, but on the plus side, I won't get any more weird looks, driving into the gun-range. :tongue:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  18. Lama

Lama Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Harley Davidson FLTR

19. 230gr

230gr Member

Aug 23, 2011
    2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe...306hp, 6sp, rwd w/posi, track pack with Brembo's

[​IMG]

WC145 likes this.
  20. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    A hard bargain... Ron

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted