close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What do you guys shoot?

Discussion in 'Competition 1911's' started by rsxr22, Aug 18, 2011.

1. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Who here competes in any pistol sports? I having been shooting Glock's for a number of years in IDPA and USPSA and about a year ago, I switched almost religiously over to the 1911 variants!! These are guns I use.....

Wilson CQB .45
    [​IMG]

STI Spartan 9mm
    [​IMG]

And if I would have been alive in the early 80's, I would have used my newest purchase in IPSC
    [​IMG]

I use an Ares Ranger belt with Garrett Industries gear, my Glock's gear is from Comp-tac

Jimhoag likes this.
  2. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Right now I'm using my EMP, but I would love to eventually have a Trojan to shoot. I use CR Speed belt/mag pouches and Blade-Tech SRB holster.

3. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Get some pictures of your gear up brother!!! BTW, I just got my EMP back from SA today for some warranty work so i ran it through an IDPA match. I shot real good and fast with it. Reloads were the only pain in the ass!!! cuz the mag is bigger then the grip! Overall though i was very pumped. There were a few stages i actually shot it faster with less points down then my Wilson

4. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Ive shot a little IDPA. I would like to get back into it or uspsa. I would like to shoot my 1911 or Glock 19 just like I carry, which I would think would put me in limited minor with the G19.

5. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    if it's pretty stock, the G19 should put you in Production in USPSA.

6. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Unless you want to load more than 10. Though you would not be competitive with only 15. I would like to do that sometime just for the training/fun of it.

7. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Which is true, my 34 puts me in ESP in IDPA all because of the grip texturing that i have done. USPSA, you can still be production with texturing but it has to meet their requirements.

8. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I would highly suggest it!! I honestly cant stand going to a static range now! I also think if you want, the competitive side of it is very healthy to have. I was an athlete in college and growing up so continuing that is a lot of fun!

9. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    I want to do it for training purposes.

10. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    If you're going to shoot a G19, I would go production, unless you want to turn it into a racegun. I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow of my rig. I have a local match in Miamisburg, OH. I'm just hoping my reloaded rounds are reliable!

11. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    http://bb-enterprise.biz/item179612.ctlg
    G19 Race Gun...

Now that I have working mags I am going to shoot the Les Baer at the next match I can make. I am sure I will eventually switch to either my G19 or Sig, based on ammo cost.

12. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    I'm guessing you're not coming to Miamisburg today? Try to make MRPC on the 28th!

13. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I am going to try to make MRPC, attempting to get out of a family thing so we shall see.

14. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    These are all range guns, and they each get occasional use local IDPA events, but my arthritis makes the .45s a pain, so I mostly shoot the 9mms in organized matches.

I use my regular belt and a Don Hume PCCH holster, but replace my Bianchi single mag pouch with a Don Hume double pouch.

Kimber Stainless Target II 9mm
    [​IMG]

Springfield Loaded Target 9mm
    [​IMG]

Springfield Range Officer .45
    [​IMG]

Springfield Trophy Match
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  15. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Nice Springers CMG!!!

16. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    what about the lonely Kimber :rofl2:

17. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Here are some pics of the CR Speed gear. I LOVE it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

forty5 likes this.
  18. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    old pic.
    [​IMG]

forty5 likes this.
  19. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    So um when you do a draw do people wonder where you left the rest of the gun? :)

Pretty bad setup though! Nice thing is when you get the Trojan you can use it all still.

20. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Very impressive!! And definitely good training using your carry gun!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted