1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This followed me home today long story short she almost didn't happen but hey we all get lucky some times right? Little background on it, its a Police trade in from 1969-1970 Over all condition is great. There where some minor rust issues on the grip frame but some steel wool and hoppers took care of that easily. Only thing now it to get a better set of grips (which come in tomorrow) she ready for carry. Pretty excited hadn't shot her yet thinking Friday I well. I had my Dealer check it out since he a smith and he said its sound and he had shot it to make sure it was in working condition. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys feel really lucky to end up with it. To me its more then just a revolver its a piece of history.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice one. Congrats.
Thank you very much I know its not a 1911 but Revolvers are my other passion. I just love them for some reason even thought friends call them antiques.

Here are some more pictures including ones with new grips.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm sure you know, just shoot 38special and no +p stuff. Perfect carry gun.
Yea I knew it was pretty much non +P but called Smith and Wesson up and asked while I was getting a date for it. Tell ya the truth after todays range trip I don't think I need +P ammo. The gun is super accurate I bet I could make a single raged hole with a bench rest at 25yards.

·
BIG OL' BALD HAID !
3,291 Posts
Great score! :thumb:

Police trade ins can be great buys if you just take the time to check them out like you did.Most of the time,they have been carried more than they have been shot.

With a snubby like that,it was probably a plainclothes officer's piece.
And,as far as defensive loads go,gets some wadcutters,your hands will thank you! :grin:

DAT85

1 - 20 of 21 Posts