What do you think guys..... Legit?

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Pablomigraine, May 16, 2018 at 11:37 AM.

1. Pablomigraine

Pablomigraine Whatchoo gots? Supporting Addict

Feb 17, 2018
  2. Tj 4x4

Tj 4x4 Member

Mar 28, 2018
    All I will say is what my dad told me along time ago. If it seems to good to be true it usually is.
    I'd personally pass as Armlist has a bad reputation for scammers.

cghelton and Pablomigraine like this.

3. pscipio03

pscipio03 Fun O' Meter on FULL Supporting Addict

Mar 11, 2013
    Simple- ask him to take a pic of the EDC with a handwritten note on a Post-It or piece of paper with his contact info on it. Then you know he didn't steal the picture. Also, ask him where you could meet up to look at it. Hopefully you haven't already told him where you are from, so it doesn't matter if you are 10 miles or 1,000 from Chicago. You can judge by his response. If it's, 'I'm leaving the country/state so it'll go from FFL to FFL", or, "Just use PayPal" or anything apart from, "I live here, let's meet". If he does give you an actual place, just apologize and tell him you were making sure he wasn't a scammer.

Pablomigraine likes this.
  4. pscipio03

Mar 11, 2013
    WHEELS likes this.
  5. azguy1911

azguy1911 Collection Complete Supporting Addict

Oct 22, 2015
    Impossible, unless stolen, ask for a picture of the test target

6. pscipio03

Mar 11, 2013
    You mean something like this below? Something I copied off of a classifieds here on the forum from TXP8RIOT?
    No, don't ask for that. Ask for something handwritten right next to the pistol in question at a minimum.
    [​IMG]

cghelton likes this.
  7. Hemifender

Hemifender Member

Apr 13, 2018
    I saw that ad the other day and was pretty certain it was a scam. It seems the IL Armslist is full of scammers lately.

8. Esox

Esox Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Mar 9, 2018
    It's pretty easy to spot a scammer. Just use common sense, and google is your friend.
    Most serious sellers have a profile elsewhere that they're willing to confirm.
    With that said I've had only good experiences on Armslist, I've bought a few things there and made some good deals. I recently bought a Les Baer 38s with money order.

e

9. Ohio

Ohio I like this place !

Mar 22, 2018
    A$$holes like this give us good guys a bad name. I saw one locally on Armslist for a pistol....had description, holster included, only shot a few time for IDPA, etc. I put the same ad description in the Internet and the same photo, description...everything was from an ad in a forum from 3 years prior and sold from another state. Idiot selling locally wasn’t smart enough to change wording or anything.....I reported it to Armslist.

Last edited: May 16, 2018 at 2:29 PM
    Hemifender and Pablomigraine like this.
  10. Busa Dave

Busa Dave Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 3, 2018

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted