What do you think of Sig 1911 Traditional Match Elite SS in 9mm

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Fixer, Nov 3, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Fixer

Fixer New Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I am looking to buy a 9mm 1911 as my first gun..

I am now debating between Sig 1911 Traditional Match Elite SS vs SA Loaded 9mm.. your thoughts?

Peter

2. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    I think that if you like it, then go for it. I'm a huge SA fan, but not a fan of the Loaded series. And...:welcometo:

3. CRAZY JOHN

CRAZY JOHN New Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Buy a Les Baer with the 1.5 inch guarantee and don't look back. :thumb:

Wilsonwessonbrown likes this.
  4. Mythree

Mythree Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 9, 2011
    I'm no expert - but I have two Sigs and they are both great shooters can't go wrong for the $$$

Fatbob Frank likes this.
  5. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    I'd opt for the STI Trojan over either the Sig or the SA Loaded.

6. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    ^^^This!

7. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    Hell,even buy a PII without the 1.5 guarantee and you got a great piece. :thumb:

DAT85

8. Mythree

Oct 9, 2011
    Folks I think the idea is to keep the cost down - yes?

9. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Too bad holster selection is such a PITA with most Sigs! :thumb:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  10. Fixer

Fixer New Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Thanks guys for the input... I would really like to keep the cost around $1000... anyone actually seen a Sig 1911 traditional Match Elite SS 9mm in action?? My local gun shop is telling me its going to be a 6-8 weeks wait.. and no idea on the wait for the Springfield.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/1911-traditional-match-elite-stainless.aspx

Peter

11. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    This. End of story. $1k. You're welcome.

12. MusProd

MusProd Member

Oct 10, 2011
    I have a SA SS Loaded Target 9mm, and it is wonderful to shoot. I am a fan of SIG pistols, yet when I wanted a 1911, I went with SA. and I am very pleased. This in not to knock the SIG 1911 9mm, as I haven't even seen one, and it was also on my short list even before it became available, but just to say that SIG doesn't have the tradition of building 1911's that SA does. Their P series guns are great, and I have those as well.

MP

13. EvolutionArmory

EvolutionArmory Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Since there are ZERO 9MM Sig 1911's in stores right now, I think this is the easiest decision you will ever make.

You could wait for Sig to make some but they introduced them in February at the Shot Show and nobody has even seen one yet. What does that tell you?

Then your gun might end up being the test dummy they use to work the bugs out of the gun. I would go Springfield in this case. Top notch customer service and they actually are producing a 9MM 1911 at this time. Lol

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  14. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    My vote, hands down, would go to the STI Trojan. It is an amazing gun for the price, and it will not let you down. If you want to spend under that and be more than satisfied, go with the Spartan...

15. DRYHUMOR

DRYHUMOR Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Dan Wesson PM-9s are something you may want to look at also. Scarce and hard to find, they are only making 50 a year, though there are still older ones out there. I've seen some of the older ones around 1100 to 1200 bucks, seems like some newer ones may have been around 1400. The last one I saw at 1000, I prob should have bought......
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  16. Mythree

Oct 9, 2011
    Yup - haven't seen one, I would do a used DW like Dryhumor suggests

17. JD396

JD396 New Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Personally, I'd go with a Trojan, DW, or just pony up the cash for a Baer and never have to worry about anything again.

18. TexShooter

TexShooter Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Hmm since he's looking at SS 1911s the 1.5" would be out of the question. Baer won't do 1.5" on stainless guns last I heard. Also, price on a Baer is a bit more ;)

I have a SA loaded 9mm in stainless and it has been flawless. I really enjoy shooting it at the range. Plus SA has a lifetime warranty and you can find them for under $750.

DW are nice if you can find it at a good price. But you'll be buying used if you only want to spend $1000.

19. Mechanized

Mechanized He's a large "member" Supporting Addict

Sep 24, 2011
    Welcome to the forum. I have to fight the urge to buy the best. I started with a SA LOADED and love it.

20. lsbbigdog

lsbbigdog Smiffin' ain't easy Sponsor

Aug 21, 2011
    I think it is way better looking than their other Sig 1911's models. I had a bunch of Sig 1911's come through the shop to get some parts swapped out like triggers safety's ,sight etc. Never heard one bad thing about them yet .

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted