1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
Bitter Clinger
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have two currently in the serious contemplation stage...

1) A complete upper assembly in 6.5CM (20" stainless barrel)... Currently 'in my cart' at Bear Creek Arsenal

2) a Ruger Mini30 on watch list on GB

What about all y'all (isn't that the plural of y'all?) :)

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Well I'm waiting on my Staccato C2 DPO to come in that I got from BBP here on the site. I'm wanting to get a decent AR in 308.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Dan Wesson 9mm dwx

·
Registered
139 Posts
nothing, i'm set, only have 2 hands.
probably gonna build a 308 to go hunting in alaska later on down the road when funds get to 12k - that's the charge 1 week, board and lodging and a guided hunt for moose, elk etc. Was there in 2016 on a fishing camp, remote place, nearest neighbor was 45mins by bush plane.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
DW 9mm Vigil 5"
LB Monolith .45
SA TRP w/full length dust cover
ACW Prime Elite .45
Colt New Frontier .357 Mag 5.5"
KelTec P17
Henry Big Boy Steel in .41 mag & .327 Federal
Bolt action .250 Savage
SA Pro 9mm & .45
German & Swiss made 210's
S&W Model 1955 Target .45ACP
Guns in .32 H&R that interest me(all of them)
Ruger Super Blackhawk 5-shot .480 Ruger
Colt 2nd Gen SAA in .44 Special
Ruger MKIV .22lr 10"

That's the short list with a lot left off, so you know, just the usual.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
I have two currently in the serious contemplation stage...

1) A complete upper assembly in 6.5CM (20" stainless barrel)... Currently 'in my cart' at Bear Creek Arsenal

2) a Ruger Mini30 on watch list on GB

What about all y'all (isn't that the plural of y'all?) :)
Have you ever owned a Mini-30? I personally would rather have an SKS. I understand that the newer ones are a bit more reliable, but I want any 7.62x39 to cycle Russian ammo and the Mini has a less than stellar rep in that area. I like the platform a lot and the newer stainless .223 versions are appealing to me.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade or tell you something you already know, only to share info that I have gleaned over the years.

·
Registered
Bitter Clinger
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Have you ever owned a Mini-30? I personally would rather have an SKS. I understand that the newer ones are a bit more reliable, but I want any 7.62x39 to cycle Russian ammo and the Mini has a less than stellar rep in that area. I like the platform a lot and the newer stainless .223 versions are appealing to me.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade or tell you something you already know, only to share info that I have gleaned over the years.
I have an AK and SKS... Both run well. I'll investigate the new Mini30s (that's one I'm watching on GB)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Actually thinking of selling rather than buying, the reality of a disabled wife and a fixed income has kind of put an end to my dreams of long range shooting, so my 6.5 Creedmoor will be going up for sale soon. Might also sell my bolt .223, but it's not going to net much, I live in the boonies so will almost certainly need to ship, it may not be worth the cost or hassle.

That said, there are a couple on the list if I end up with a windfall, both CZ's. I'd still like an SP-01 Tactical, and a 427 Varmint in .22 LR, with maybe a .17 HMR barrel down the road. Probably not gonna happen, but you can't give up one dream without another to take its place ;). Later.

Dave

·
Enabler
3,496 Posts
It's a secret (for now)

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 165 Posts