161 - 180 of 212 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,465 Posts
Henry's Big Boy Color Case Hardened .357 mag/38 spl

·
Registered
262 Posts
SIG did a promo at the shooting range I have a membership at. I was kind of upset as they did not bring any of their steel 1911. The did bring some of the aluminum alloy types. One they brought was a 1911 design in 9mm (also comes in .380), carbon steel barrel, stainless steel slide, and aluminum alloy frame, 3 inch barrel, 16oz. The rep stuck it in the tray even though I did not think I would like it. So I shot it, turned around and told him I loved it. short trigger pull, even and crisp, low recoil. It is basically a micro compact only 5.5 inches long. I never thought I would like it, but its a great gun. He tried to set the target at 5 yards, I told him it felt like cheating so I pushed it to ten yards. I got 10 shots all within 2 inches. He did tell that was the best he had seen someone shoot that gun when he toured for SIG, maybe, maybe not true. here is a shot of the gun and target. Never thought I would find a "little" gun I would like, but its a perfect carry and accurate as hell.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
I stumbled on one of my two "grails" a couple of weeks ago. Walked in just as they were putting out the 1 Scar 17 they had just gotten in. Missed one a few months back by "thinking on it for a bit"
Now I just need to recoup the massive hole in my budget and find a 2nd C2 DPO.

·
Registered
Wilson Sentinel compact, Ed Brown Kc9, Nighthawk T4
292 Posts
Have you ever owned a Mini-30? I personally would rather have an SKS. I understand that the newer ones are a bit more reliable, but I want any 7.62x39 to cycle Russian ammo and the Mini has a less than stellar rep in that area. I like the platform a lot and the newer stainless .223 versions are appealing to me.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade or tell you something you already know, only to share info that I have gleaned over the years.
My mini 30 would not cycle steel ammo and has since been traded - it was a newer model stainless
Went the way of my mini 14 also traded couldnt justify keeping it when AR15 was more accurate and higher capacity

·
Registered
800 Posts
Always thought a Henry Golden Boy, 22 mag would be a fun gun to shoot.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
I’m “thinking” that I’m done with buying any more guns.

(or at least today)

·
Super Moderator
13,835 Posts
Ok Joe, you’ll have to help me out on this one, external extractor, please ID this for me. Never mind, temporary insanity, thinking 1911. Payback for surfing gun forums during church.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like a HI Power to me /\
Bingo! Terry Tussey custom BHP Detective.
I’ve lusted for that gun for years!

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I'm currently looking forward to a full custom from @Karl Beining that we won't start talking about until early next year. I'm very interested in having a gun built on one of his frames, but I am not adverse to a Colt or SA base gun and I plan on letting Karl do his thing and going just about "all the way" with it. It will be my first gun that was built for me and I'm honored to call the guy building it a friend and I mean that.

I have crossed a bunch of guns off my list from four months ago. I very much still want a .250 Savage bolt gun and probably a Ruger No. 1 chambered in such. An SA Pro in .45 is high on the list still as are several DW models that I'd like to add.

I'm very much looking for Henry Big Boy's of any kind in .327 Federal and .41 Magnum and if anyone has one I'm a player.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I’ve kicked around getting a Colt Compact ever since the first time I saw “Heat”. Finally bought a nice one off Gunbroker. Wish I’d bought one years ago when you could find them used for $500 - paid quite a bit more than that. I’ve already ordered imitation ivories for it.

Next on the list is probably a Sig 365XL. A Steyr Scout is on my list, too, but they’re hard to find at the moment.

161 - 180 of 212 Posts