1911 Firearm Addicts banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Seems like it may be a little tricky to rack the slide with the thumb guard covering the serrations. Will be interesting to see if you find the builder label somewhere on it.

Reactions: ZoidMeister
Discussion starter · #22 · (Edited)
Seems like it may be a little tricky to rack the slide with the thumb guard covering the serrations. Will be interesting to see if you find the builder label somewhere on it.

That's a great point, and the source of a real "Catch 22" for me.

My first proclivity would be to take off that thumb guard, install a flat trigger, replace the MSH with a Stan Chen SI magwell, and put on a set of fully checkered grips.

Of course I will need to evaluate how it shoots first and how good the trigger is. This will be my very first gun with a Kart barrel, so I am extremely excited and curious.

The downside is that if this build CAN be attributed to a famous smith, dare I do anything to it at all?

Your thoughts? Anyone have an opinion of value knowing what we know now? That might impact what I do with it.

Too many decisions, too little information. It should be here early next week.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.