1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loaded some 9mm and 45 this Sunday afternoon.
69D1E292-9575-4234-B3AD-F1FCDB7F271F.jpeg

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Mostly loaded 556 lately with a sprinkling of 308. I’m good on pistol ammo for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
born in the wrong century
5,062 Posts
Nope. Just loaded my but in my truck and drove to work for some voluntary overtime shifts.

Some additional fun money will be going to my gun funds to be spent prior to 2020 ending :)

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Just loaded 200 rounds of 9mm with 124gr HPCB xtreme bullets and 5.6grs of power pistol.

I usually use cci500 spp but accidentally used cci550 magnum primers. Everything I have read, it seems like it should be fine. It's for my glock 19x.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
#00 Buckshot, been shooting my shotguns a lot more lately. Buckshot loads have gotten both scarce and expensive when you can find them. I cast the pellets and have been having good luck with the patterns I've been getting.

·
Premium Member
6,372 Posts
Just loaded 200 rounds of 9mm with 124gr HPCB xtreme bullets and 5.6grs of power pistol.

I usually use cci500 spp but accidentally used cci550 magnum primers. Everything I have read, it seems like it should be fine. It's for my glock 19x.
Normally you back off a touch in powder when you go from SPP to magnum. Your ammo maybe a bit warmer then it usually is.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just finished 1000 9mm, 500 .45 and 500 .380 in the last week. I've got a couple thousand 5.56 cases but I am struggling with the primer pockets. I have been reaming them but it is slow going and not all of the primer pockets are opened enough for primers. I am looking into a swagger but there are several choices and some of the ones that are popular are impossible to find.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Yes, I know. I just grabbed the wrong primers by accident. Thanks, I will find out, should be ok though.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Currently, I load .45ACP, and more .45ACP, and even more .45ACP. Am about thru the 10k bullets I bought last year, and just ordered another 10k.

·
born in the wrong century
5,062 Posts
Yes, I know. I just grabbed the wrong primers by accident. Thanks, I will find out, should be ok though.

Thanks

No such thing as wrong primers at present.

Any primer is good. :)

I get it, though. I goofed in Cabelas last year. Grabbed a brick of CCI large rifle magnum by accident.

I don’t magnum anymore.....at least not on my shoulder.

I’ll run .44mag wheelies forever, though.

I’ll trade them with a buddy next time I head over to his range.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I hear ya! using up the last of my primers. Everywhere I read, the mag primers in 9mm seems to be fine.

·
Banned
2,688 Posts
Most recently 4.5K 9mm-124 JHPs.

Thinking I’ll start loading precision .308/6.5 C. M.
I have a buncha components for each.
And it takes so much longer it may be more satisfying.

Reactions: Dub and FWoo45

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Loading 7-14 rounds in different load combinations of .45 using 5 different bullet types and weights over a variety of powders. Probably 20 different combinations so far waiting to pass thru my chrono. Powders I'm trying include Vihtavuori N310, N320, Titegroup, Bullseye, Power Pistol, CFL Pistol and W231. Having fun looking for that "magic" combination.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Did 500rds of 45acp in my pet load. 5.0gr of W231, lit by a CCI LPP, and a fmj component projectile. Hopefully my new to me Stinger likes that combo as much as my Prowler III and Combat Commander do.

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
5,015 Posts
Bunny Fart 9x19, 124 gr., RN, plated. 5.1 gr. of Silhouett.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts